When is Collingwood Magpies vs GWS Giants taking place? Saturday 21st September – 07:35 (UK) / 16:35 (AEST)
Where is Collingwood Magpies vs GWS Giants taking place? MCG, Melbourne
What television channel is Collingwood Magpies vs GWS Giants on? BT Sport ESPN in UK / Channel 7/Foxtel in Australia
Where can I stream Collingwood Magpies vs GWS Giants? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / This match can be streamed live via the AFL Live app in Australia
Where can I get tickets for Collingwood Magpies vs GWS Giants? https://www.afl.com.au/tickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Collingwood Magpies earned the week off ahead of this preliminary final with a superb win over minor premiers Geelong Cats and will be looking to progress to their second consecutive Grand Final.
- They must overcome the challenge of GWS Giants in order to achieve that feat but will be confident after seeing off the Cats two weeks ago although they will have to overcome a couple of injury setbacks to do so.
- Jordan De Goey is out with a hamstring injury and is replaced by Ben Reid whilst Levi Greenwood is missing with a knee injury with James Aish returning from a shoulder injury to take his place in the side.
- GWS Giants were shock winners against Brisbane Lions in last week’s semi-finals after a late goal sealed the win and a preliminary final meeting with Collingwood Magpies for the right to contest the Grand Final.
- The Giants will have to put a week of off-field drama behind them after star man Toby Greene was suspended for making unreasonable or unnecessary contact to the eye region in last week’s game and despite appealing the ban, his challenge was thrown out by the AFL.
- Greene will be replaced by Lachlan Keefe whilst Lachie Whitfield will also be absent because of appendicitis with Ian Hill selected to take his place in the side in what looks a difficult task for the Giants.
Collingwood Magpies can progress to their second consecutive Grand Final by beating GWS Giants in this preliminary final. They have been handed a huge boost with the Giants missing a huge part of their team in Toby Greene after his ban was upheld. Greene’s loss could be tricky for the Giants to overcome and with the Magpies heading into this on the back of a week off, they should come out of the blocks quickly and that could set them on their way to the victory.