When is Brisbane vs Geelong taking place? Saturday 17th August – 05:10 (UK) / 14:10 (AEST)
Where is Brisbane vs Geelong taking place? Gabba, Brisbane
What television channel is Brisbane vs Geelong on? Not shown live in the UK / Foxtel in Australia
Where can I stream Brisbane vs Geelong? Unavailable to stream in the UK / This match can be streamed live via the AFL Live app in Australia
Where can I get tickets for Brisbane vs Geelong? https://www.afl.com.au/tickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Brisbane Lions hammered Gold Coast Suns to continue their superb winning streak and now host Geelong Cats in this game that could decide the minor premiership on the back of an eight-match winning run.
- In a game they were expected to win comfortably against the likely wooden spoonists, Brisbane made light work of their opponents as they racked up 144 points on their way to a victory by a margin of 91 points.
- The Lions are unchanged once again and the consistency to their team selection could be important to coming out on top of this mouth-watering contest with Brisbane desperate to continue their winning run that stretches back to the 22nd June.
- Geelong Cats retained their spot at the top of the AFL ladder as they produced a brilliant defensive display against North Melbourne to get back to winning ways but it will count for little if they lose this.
- The Cats’ W-L sequence now stretches nine matches but they will hope to break that by claiming a second successive victory for the first time since the start of June with a win that would put one hand on the minor premiership.
- With so much on the line, Geelong will want to field the strongest team possible and they are boosted by the return of defender Mark O’Connor after he has missed the last two games with a toe injury and that sees Sam Menegola making way.
Brisbane Lions host Geelong Cats in what could be a shootout for the minor premiership. West Coast Eagles are also still in the mix but the winner of this should be able to finish top of the pile with another win in the final round of the regular season next weekend. The Lions should be able to win this due to the form of the respective sides and with home advantage to boot, they rightly come into this as favourites but will need to be wary against a Geelong side that are more than capable of winning.