When is Afghanistan vs Ireland taking place? Sunday, 10th March, 07:30
Where is Afghanistan vs Ireland taking place? Dehradun
What is the expected weather for Afghanistan vs Ireland? 19-21c with sunshine forecast all day
What channel is Afghanistan vs Ireland on? The match will not be shown live
Where can I stream Afghanistan vs Ireland? The match will not be streamed live
Where can I get tickets for Afghanistan vs Ireland? Tickets can be purchased directly at the stadium or online https://ticketgenie.in/Event/Afghanistan-Ireland
Afghanistan beat Ireland by 109 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Asghar Afghan
- Afghanistan regained their advantage in the series by winning game four so they take a 2-1 lead coming into this final one day international but the win was not without some difficult moments once again as they were struggling at 81/6 when batting first before Nabi and Rashid Khan hit half centuries.
- The batting line-up remains extremely fragile as only skipper Asghar Afghan has any real form of the top six batsmen so with plenty of competition for places ahead of the World Cup squad, the selectors will be looking for some of them to raise their game significantly.
- The bowling unit stepped up their game notably in that last match defending the 223 they set batting first to bowl Ireland out for just 114 and Aftab Alam took his chance one his first game in this series with 4/25 and any changes to the starting line-up will surely be in the batting department rather than the bowlers.
Captain: William Porterfield
- Ireland looked to build on their win in the third ODI but fell short in game four as their batting failed to back up their bowlers who did a superb job to restrict Afghanistan to just 223 as they were then bowled out for a paltry 114.
- Ireland’s South African-born left arm spinner James Cameron-Dow produced his best performance in Irish colours with 3/32 in what was an excellent performance from the entire bowling unit with the only accusation against them being that they did not have the killer instinct when they had the Afghans on the ropes at 81/6.
- After his stunning knock in the third match, Balbirnie was out for a duck and while some of their batsmen did make starts, none could convert them to produce a score that would lead them to victory and they will need more of their batsmen like Stirling, Balbirnie or Porterfield to produce some heroics.
Ireland’s bowlers have made this series competitive so far and they are keeping them in all of the matches played. The Irish will be content chasing once again here and will be confident of restricting Afghanistan to a modest score, but they desperately need their batsmen to regain some form. Ultimately, the main difference between the two teams has been the stars performers for Afghanistan making it count when it matters with Nabi especially batting well. That will likely be the differentiator once again in this final match of the series with the Afghans favoured yet again.