When is Afghanistan vs Ireland taking place? Saturday, 23rd February, 13:00
Where is Afghanistan vs Ireland taking place? Dehradun
What is the expected weather for Afghanistan vs Ireland? 20-22c with sunshine all day
What channel is Afghanistan vs Ireland on? The match will not be shown live
Where can I stream Afghanistan vs Ireland? The match will not be streamed live
Where can I get tickets for Afghanistan vs Ireland? Tickets can be purchased directly at the stadium or online https://ticketgenie.in/Event/Afghanistan-Ireland
Afghanistan beat Ireland by 5 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Asghar Afghan
- Afghanistan picked up a five-wicket victory in the opening T20 international on Thursday and they will be looking for another one here which would extend their winning run in this format to eight in a row.
- Mohammad Nabi was the key with bat and ball for the team as he took 2/16 to help restrict Ireland to 132 and then he came at number five when Afghanistan were 30/3 and his 49 runs from 40 balls led them to victory.
- There is every chance that they name the same eleven to start this game although there was plenty of room for improvement and they will be keen if they win the toss to bat first and then force the Irish to chase against Nabi and Rashid Khan.
Captain: Paul Stirling
- Ireland were beaten in the opening T20 international by Afghanistan but they know that they simply have to bat better if they are to give their own bowlers any chance although it could have been a lot worse at 65/6 had Dockrell and Poynter not added 67 in an unbroken stand
- They are likely to be forced into one change as Stuart Thompson picked up a hamstring injury in the first game which forced him off in the second innings so that is something of a blow to lose the all-rounder here.
- Otherwise the rest of the team is likely to be unchanged but that may force skipper Paul Stirling to bowl some of his part-time spin himself and select another batsman to strengthen the spine of the side.
Afghanistan extended their own winning run as well as their streak over Ireland in the first T20 international although it was relatively close and did come down to a couple of key moments which could have gone either way. Ireland will not be disheartened by that first match so they will come again hard here although their batting simply must improve. Afghanistan were far from their best in that first game which is somewhat ominous as one would expect them to improve each game now. The team winning the toss will likely want to bat first as neither team looks overly confident chasing, but Afghanistan still look to possess too much quality for the Irish.