When is Afghanistan vs Ireland taking place? Saturday, 2nd March, 07:30
Where is Afghanistan vs Ireland taking place? Dehradun
What is the expected weather for Afghanistan vs Ireland? 17-19c with cloud but no rain expected
What channel is Afghanistan vs Ireland on? The match will not be shown live
Where can I stream Afghanistan vs Ireland? The match will not be streamed live
Where can I get tickets for Afghanistan vs Ireland? Tickets can be purchased directly at the stadium or online https://ticketgenie.in/Event/Afghanistan-Ireland
Afghanistan beat Ireland by 5 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Asghar Afghan
- Afghanistan picked up where they left off in the T20s in the opening ODI as they comfortably beat Ireland by five wickets after restricting them to just 161 all out as they eased to victory with more than eight overs to spare.
- Mujeeb Ur Rahman was the star of the show taking 3/14 from his ten overs as he was dangerous as well as economical and Dawlat Zadran and Gulbadin Naib also contributed well in a superb bowling display.
- The batting line-up was never really tested but they did what was required of them, and if they win the toss, they may decide to bat first and put the tourists under pressure to test themselves further.
Captain: William Porterfield
- Ireland were hugely disappointing in the first ODI as they could only manage a paltry 161 after winning the toss and deciding to bat so they know they simply have to do better with the bat and come to terms with the Afghani spinners.
- Experienced skipper William Porterfield came back into the team but he could only manage one run before being bowled by Mujeeb Ur Rahman so it was left to Paul Stirling to hold the innings together once again as he contributed 89 of the 161 total runs scored.
- The bowlers had very little to work with but they did well to take five wickets and they will want to try put the Afghans under greater pressure if they can but ultimately they need their batsmen to give them more to work with.
Afghanistan completely outplayed the Irish in the first ODI as was the case in the T20 series, and they simply look to be a class above in all departments. Ultimately the Irish cannot get to grips with the Afghan spinners which does not bode well. Other than Paul Stirling, none of their batsmen look comfortable against the Afghani bowling unit and unless somebody else can step up, they look resigned to yet another defeat here.