When is Rob Cross vs Michael Smith taking place? Thursday 2nd May – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Rob Cross vs Michael Smith taking place? The Manchester Arena
What channel is Rob Cross vs Michael Smith on? Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Rob Cross vs Michael Smith? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Rob Cross vs Michael Smith? https://www.pdc.tv/unibet-premier-league-tickets
All-time meetings: Rob Cross 11-3 Michael Smith
Previous meeting: Rob Cross 7-3 Michael Smith
- Rob Cross remains just a point behind the league leader Michael van Gerwen as the league phase enters the final three rounds. He has a three-point lead over the chasing pack so could secure his place at the O2 by the end of the night.
- Last week he scrambled to a draw against Gerwyn Price with the Welshman missing a total of four match darts across the final two legs of the game. It wasn’t one of his best performances in the 2019 Premier League but he still managed to avoid defeat against an opponent who was averaging over 100 for most of the encounter.
- Cross put in some consistent displays last weekend at the German Darts Open in beating Chris Dobey, Joe Cullen and Gerwyn Price before losing in the semi-finals to Ian White. He finished with a tournament average of over 100.
- Michael Smith is without a win in his last five Premier League matches and is now six points adrift of the play-off places with only three games to play.
- Against Mensur Suljovic on night 13 he was in a strong position to take the two points when he led 6-2 but the Austrian took five consecutive legs to leave Smith needing to break throw in the final leg of the match to snatch a point.
- Despite the slip up against Suljovic, he still recorded an average of 101.25 – his highest average of the 2019 Premier League campaign. Smith has now had an average of 99 or above in each of his last five Premier League matches though he has failed to win any of those games.
Rob Cross is almost certain to make the play-offs for the second year in a row and he will look to keep his hopes of finishing at the top of the table alive with a victory against last year’s runner-up Michael Smith, who has never really looked likely to contend for a top four spot during the 2019 Premier League campaign. Smith has improved his performance levels over the last five weeks but failure to turn those displays into wins will be a frustration and the head-to-head record for Smith against Cross does not bode well for the St. Helens man, with Voltage winning ten of their last 12 meetings. All of their previous Premier League games have been won by Cross and he looks likely to claim another win against Smith in this encounter.
For 2019 Premier League Darts results, fixtures, latest standings and statistics, visit our tournament page