When is Raymond van Barneveld vs Peter Wright taking place? Thursday 7th March – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Raymond van Barneveld vs Peter Wright taking place? The BHGE Arena, Aberdeen
What channel is Raymond van Barneveld vs Peter Wright on? Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Raymond van Barneveld vs Peter Wright? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Raymond van Barneveld vs Peter Wright? https://www.pdc.tv/unibet-premier-league-tickets
All-time meetings: Raymond van Barneveld 11-11 Peter Wright (4 draws)
Previous meeting: Peter Wright 10-4 Raymond van Barneveld
RAYMOND VAN BARNEVELD
- Raymond van Barneveld is currently at the bottom of the table and is the only player without a win in the 2019 Premier League season having drawn two and lost two of his opening four matches. Last Thursday in Exeter he led Michael Smith 3-1 but went on to lose six of the next seven legs.
- Barney’s highest match average in the campaign is the 95.15 average he posted in the opening week and overall his tournament average of just over 92 is the lowest in the tournament.
- Last weekend, at what was his final appearance at the UK Open, he disappointingly lost 10-7 in his first match to Simon Stevenson who went on to reach the quarter-finals.
- Peter Wright’s 7-4 loss against Mensur Suljovic last week was his first defeat of the Premier League season following two draws and a win from his opening four matches.
- Snakebite broke the Suljovic throw in the opening leg of the match to put himself in a good position but missed doubles to go 2-0 up proved to be his downfall as the Austrian took six legs in a row to take a firm grip on the encounter from which Wright could not recover.
- He had the misfortune to face Suljovic again on Friday at the UK Open and despite an average of 106, Wright lost a tight encounter 10-8 in the last 64.
Raymond van Barneveld’s tough final season on the PDC tour continued at the UK Open last weekend with an early defeat and that certainly wasn’t good preparation as he bids for his first win of the Premier League campaign. Peter Wright also lost in his first game at the UK Open but his display was much better than Barney’s. Wright hasn’t performed at his best during the season so far but he has shown flashes of his capabilities and even in his inconsistency looks the more likely winner of this match.
For 2019 Premier League Darts results, fixtures, latest standings and statistics, visit our tournament page