When is Michael van Gerwen vs Daryl Gurney taking place? Thursday 23rd May – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Michael van Gerwen vs Daryl Gurney taking place? The O2, London
What channel is Michael van Gerwen vs Daryl Gurney on? Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Michael van Gerwen vs Daryl Gurney? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Michael van Gerwen vs Daryl Gurney? https://www.pdc.tv/unibet-premier-league-tickets
All-time meetings: Michael van Gerwen 19-5 Daryl Gurney (1 draw)
Previous meeting: Michael van Gerwen 7-3 Daryl Gurney
MICHAEL VAN GERWEN
- Michael van Gerwen is competing in the Premier League play-offs for the seventh time since making his debut in 2013. His victory over Mensur Suljovic coupled with Rob Cross failing to defeat James Wade on night 16 in Leeds ensured he finished at the top of the league table for the seventh successive year.
- The four-time Premier League champion has won the tournament in each of the last three years and has never failed to reach the final during his six previous participations in the Premier League.
- Van Gerwen has the best tournament average and checkout percentage in the 2019 Premier League. He recorded a ton-plus average in ten of his 16 league phase matches, and his average of 110.85 against Peter Wright on night 15 is the highest average of the Premier League season so far.
- Daryl Gurney finished the league phase in fourth place to make the play-offs for the first time in what is his second Premier League campaign. On night 16 in Leeds he produced at excellent performance against Michael Smith to win 8-3, and that victory coupled with defeat for Mensur Suljovic cemented Gurney’s place at the O2.
- He ended the league phase with only two defeats in his last 11 matches having started the season with three defeats from his opening five matches, which included back-to-back heavy losses of 7-1 and 7-0.
- Gurney has already completed a league double over Van Gerwen this season with wins in Berlin and Manchester. His triumph against Van Gerwen in Manchester on night 14 was his third consecutive win against the world number one, though the Dutchman has since stopped the streak with a victory in the semi-finals at the Austrian Darts Open.
Michael van Gerwen is bidding to win the tournament for the fifth time and standing in his way in the semi-finals is a player who completed a double over him during the league phase which makes this an intriguing opening match on finals night. Gurney certainly won’t fear the dominant Dutchman and there is no doubt he has the potential to make things tricky for the tournament favourite. The Northern Irishman faces a huge task though, as more often than not when it comes to the business end of tournaments, MVG rises to the occasion. It hasn’t been Van Gerwen’s most impressive Premier League campaign, but his standards are so high that any other player would be more than delighted with his tournament average and tournament checkout percentage. The Green Machine has never lost in the semi-finals of the Premier League and expect that record to remain intact as he books his place in the final with victory over Gurney.
For 2019 Premier League Darts results, fixtures, latest standings and statistics, visit our tournament page