When is Mensur Suljovic vs Rob Cross taking place? Thursday 9th May – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Mensur Suljovic vs Rob Cross taking place? The FlyDSA Arena, Sheffield
What channel is Mensur Suljovic vs Rob Cross on? Sky Sports Action, Sky Sports Mix
Where can I stream Mensur Suljovic vs Rob Cross? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Mensur Suljovic vs Rob Cross? https://www.pdc.tv/unibet-premier-league-tickets
All-time meetings: Mensur Suljovic 6-6 Rob Cross
Previous meeting: Rob Cross 6-5 Mensur Suljovic
- Mensur Suljovic is fourth in the league table and has lost only two of his last nine Premier League matches, but with his final two games of the league phase being against league leader Rob Cross and world number one Michael van Gerwen he faces a tough task to hold onto a play-off position.
- He scrapped his way to an 8-6 victory against Peter Wright in Manchester last Thursday, making heavy work of getting over the line, having led 5-1 he missed several chances to make things a lot more comfortable before finally sealing victory in the final leg of the match.
- On Sunday at the Austrian Darts Open Suljovic saw his bid for a tournament victory on home territory ended at the last 16 stage by James Wade.
- Rob Cross has sealed his place in the play-offs and now has his sights on becoming only the third player in history after Phil Taylor and Michael van Gerwen to win the league phase of the Premier League.
- An 8-1 win for Voltage against Michael Smith last week coupled with Michael van Gerwen losing against Daryl Gurney means that Cross holds a one-point advantage over MVG going into the final two matches of the league phase.
- He disappointingly lost 6-2 to Steve Beaton in the last 16 at the Austrian Darts Open last weekend, having earlier defeated rising Dutch star Jeffrey de Zwaan 6-5 in his opening match.
There is something at stake for both players in this match with Mensur Suljovic aiming to keep his place in the top four and Rob Cross hoping to keep ahead of Michael van Gerwen in the battle to finish at the top of the table. Cross has played to a higher level than Suljovic for the majority of the league campaign – his overall tournament average is over four points higher than his opponent and his checkout percentage is significantly better also. Suljovic may fancy his chances despite these stats as he is one of only two players to taste victory against Cross in the 2019 Premier League, Van Gerwen the other, but it has to be said that Cross was well below-par during that encounter and it is unlikely that he will be as poor again. Voltage is predicted to take the two points from this match.
For 2019 Premier League Darts results, fixtures, latest standings and statistics, visit our tournament page