When is Gerwyn Price vs Peter Wright taking place? Thursday 16th May – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Gerwyn Price vs Peter Wright taking place? First Direct Arena, Leeds
What channel is Gerwyn Price vs Peter Wright on? Sky Sports Action, Sky Sports Mix
Where can I stream Gerwyn Price vs Peter Wright? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Gerwyn Price vs Peter Wright? https://www.pdc.tv/unibet-premier-league-tickets
All-time meetings: Gerwyn Price 3-12 Peter Wright (1 draw)
Previous meeting: Gerwyn Price 7-5 Peter Wright
- Gerwyn Price starts the evening in sixth place knowing that he needs either a win or at least a draw to keep alive his chances of making it through into the play-offs – even then he would have to rely on the results in Daryl Gurney’s and Mensur Suljovic’s matches going his way.
- Price has lost only one of his last seven Premier League matches, though he is without a win in his last three having spurned a match dart to defeat Daryl Gurney last Thursday night in Sheffield.
- At last weekend’s European Darts Grand Prix, he lost in the last 16 to Darren Webster having earlier averaged over 103 in defeating Gavin Carlin in the last 32.
- Peter Wright sits in eighth place in the Premier League table and is only playing for the pride of trying to overtake Michael Smith and finish in seventh place. Wright is one point behind Smith with a five-leg deficit on leg difference.
- On night 15 in Sheffield he was on the end of an 8-1 trouncing by Michael van Gerwen who averaged in excess of 110 whilst Wright himself averaged over 102. Snakebite has now lost each of his last five Premier League matches and is without a win in ten Premier League matches since defeating Raymond van Barneveld on night five.
- Wright put aside his Premier League woes over the weekend when he had an excellent run to the final of the European Darts Grand Prix where he was defeated 8-7 by Ian White. On his way to the final he gained the notable scalp of Michael van Gerwen in the quarter-finals.
Gerwyn Price needs to come away with at least a point to keep his top four hopes alive and on paper he has the ideal opponent with a fixture against somebody who has not won in ten Premier League matches and has lost each of the last five of those games. Overall during the competition Price has played more consistently than Wright and that explains their respective positions in the league table, but a danger for Price is that Wright is coming into this week on the back of reaching his first final since last October and he is without doubt a dangerous opponent despite his Premier League form. Price is tipped to keep alive his play-off chances with a draw but that might not be enough to see him stay in the top four at the close of play.
For 2019 Premier League Darts results, fixtures, latest standings and statistics, visit our tournament page