When is Daryl Gurney vs Rob Cross taking place? Thursday 28th February – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Daryl Gurney vs Rob Cross taking place? Westpoint Exeter
What channel is Daryl Gurney vs Rob Cross on? Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Daryl Gurney vs Rob Cross? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Daryl Gurney vs Rob Cross? https://www.pdc.tv/unibet-premier-league-tickets
All-time meetings: Daryl Gurney 3-3 Rob Cross
Previous meeting: Daryl Gurney 6-5 Rob Cross
- Daryl Gurney has won each of his last two Premier League matches since losing to Gerwyn Price on night one. Last week in Dublin he defeated 2018 Premier League runner-up Michael Smith 7-5.
- Against Smith he averaged just over 99 despite having hit only 27% of his double attempts – this was due to his heavy scoring. Overall his first-nine dart average was over 115 and he posted a total of 19 scores of 140 or more over the course of the match.
- His form away from the Premier League has not been of the standard expected from the world number five, as he has failed to make it further than the last 32 in any of the six Players Championship tournaments this season.
- Rob Cross has won one, drawn one and lost one of his opening three Premier League matches this season. He was well beaten 7-2 by Michael van Gerwen last week with the world number one missing two darts at double that would have seen Cross defeated 7-0.
- His average of 93.31 against Van Gerwen was well under the standard he produced in his first two matches where he recorded averages of over 102 on both occasions.
- Last weekend at the two Players Championship tournaments he lost to Dave Chisnall at the last 16 stage on the Saturday and on Sunday he was defeated in the last 32 by Krzysztof Ratajski despite an average of over 104.
This perhaps surprisingly is their first televised encounter since last April when they met in the 2018 Premier League. On that occasion it was Rob Cross who came out on top with a 7-4 win, thus gaining revenge after Gurney had won their previous Premier League meeting 7-5 a month earlier. Their overall head-to-head record stands at three wins apiece and one would expect a close match between two players who will surely be in contention for a top-four berth at the end of the season. Both have similar games in terms of scoring power and finishing ability, so it’s tough to pick a winner and a draw could be the likely outcome in this tungsten tussle.
For 2019 Premier League Darts results, fixtures, latest standings and statistics, visit our tournament page