When is Chris Dobey vs Mensur Suljovic taking place? Thursday 7th February – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Chris Dobey vs Mensur Suljovic taking place? Utilita Arena, Newcastle
What channel is Chris Dobey vs Mensur Suljovic on? Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports USA
Where can I stream Chris Dobey vs Mensur Suljovic? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Chris Dobey vs Mensur Suljovic? https://www.pdc.tv/unibet-premier-league-tickets
All-time meetings: Chris Dobey 1-2 Mensur Suljovic
Previous meeting: Chris Dobey beat Mensur Suljovic 6-3
- North East native Chris Dobey takes to the stage in his local city to face Mensur Suljovic due to Gary Anderson’s withdrawal from the 2019 Premier League through injury. Dobey is one of nine invited players who will feature across the first nine Premier League nights.
- Dobey is ranked at number 35 in the PDC Order of Merit and is closing in on a place in the top 32. Last season he reached the final in two ranking tournaments away from the TV screens.
- His best results in TV major tournaments have been runs to the quarter-finals at the 2016 Grand Slam and last November at the 2018 Players Championship Finals. In December at the World Championship he gave Gary Anderson a run for his money having led 2-0 and 3-2 before the Flying Scotsman managed to turn the match around and win 4-3.
- Likeable Austrian Mensur Suljovic is making his second consecutive appearance in the Premier League having debuted last year, when he was eliminated after judgement night having won only two of his nine matches.
- The Gentle was, however, certainly considered unfortunate to be eliminated having played to a high standard throughout as shown by his average of 99 across his nine games.
- Suljovic showed some excellent form last weekend at the Masters when he recorded the highest match average of the tournament (106.12) during his 10-1 victory against Whitlock in round one. He eventually succumbed 10-5 to a dominant Michael van Gerwen in the quarter-finals.
Mensur Suljovic must see this as a good chance to open his 2019 Premier League campaign with a victory as he faces Chris Dobey rather than Gary Anderson. It’s a huge occasion for Dobey to impress in front of a big home crowd and although he has no pressure in terms of league points, he will surely still be feeling some nerves. Dobey actually came out on top in their last encounter which was on the TV stage at the World Series of Darts finals in 2017. We might not see a repeat of that though as Suljovic looked in good shape at the Masters last weekend and if he plays a similar level, he will have too much quality and experience for Dobey.