AT A GLANCE
When is Stephen Bunting vs Luke Humphries taking place? Thursday 20th December, 2018
Where is Stephen Bunting vs Luke Humphries place? Alexandra Palace, London
What channel is Stephen Bunting vs Luke Humphries on? Sky Sports Darts
Where can I stream Stephen Bunting vs Luke Humphries? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via the Sky Go app
Are tickets still available for Stephen Bunting vs Luke Humphries? https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets
Luke Humphries beat Stephen Bunting 6-3
- Bunting's game appears to be back on the up after some recent good performances in televised tournaments, including a defeat of Peter Wright in the Players Championship Finals in his run to the quarter-finals of that event.
- The St Helens man has said that he is feeling confident about his game after a slump in form which saw him consider stepping away from darts and he appears to be re-energised going into his opener.
- The former BDO world champion's best run in the PDC World Darts Championship is a quarter-final appearance in 2015 and he is looking to recapture the form that saw him earn a Premier League place that year.
- Humphries put in an excellent performance in his first round win over Adam Hunt as he averaged 97.58 and hit over 47% of his doubles in a clinical display.
- The 23-year-old - who was won three PDC Development Tour titles in 2018 - qualified for Alexandra Palace as a result of his performances on the PDC Pro Tour as he continues to climb the rankings after receiving a tour card in January.
- Humphries may hold a slight psychological edge here as he has faced Bunting twice already in 2018 and was victorious on both occasions.
Humphries is making great strides in the game and appears to have a bright future ahead of him, and this was further emphasised by his impressive first round performance on Sunday. He has also beaten Bunting twice this year, but both of those wins came in floor events and this match is likely to have a different complexion to it. Bunting has the greater experience in front of the big crowds and he has looked like his old self in recent months, so The Bullet is tipped to secure a narrow victory.