AT A GLANCE
When is Raymond van Barneveld vs Darius Labanauskas taking place? Monday 17th December, 2018
Where is Raymond van Barneveld vs Darius Labanauskas place? Alexandra Palace, London
What channel is Raymond van Barneveld vs Darius Labanauskas on? Sky Sports Darts
Where can I stream Raymond van Barneveld vs Darius Labanauskas? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via the Sky Go app
Are tickets still available for Raymond van Barneveld vs Darius Labanauskas? https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets
RAYMOND VAN BARNEVELD
- Crowd-favourite Van Barneveld enters his penultimate Word Championship after announcing his retirement following next year's event and he has said that he still believes he has another world title in him.
- The Dutchman has not enjoyed the best of years on tour and has struggled with the demands of the circuit but he usually prepares well for the worlds and will be a dangerous proposition for any opponent.
- Van Barneveld has reached three semi-finals and a quarter-final in his last four appearances at Alexandra Palace so, although he only has won the the PDC title once (2007), he has been an incredibly consistent performer on the biggest stage.
- Labanauskas averaged 93.57 in his first-round victory over Matthew Edgar in what was his first appearance at the PDC World Darts Championship and he goes into this clash with Barney with very little to lose as the underdog.
- The Lithuanian player mainly competes on the BDO circuit but qualified for Alexandra Palace as a result of his performances on the PDC Nordic & Baltic Pro Tour.
- Labanauskas - who reached the quarter-finals of the World Darts Trophy earlier this year - was sloppy on his doubles in his first-round match as he hit just ten of his 35 attempts and that is an area he will need to tidy up on if he is to trouble one of the legends of the game.
This will be Van Barneveld's first competitive match since announcing he will retire after next year's World Championship so it will be interesting to see how he plays here. The pressure will perhaps now be off the Dutchman and he has played some of his best darts at Alexandra Palace in the past, so he will go into this clash as the heavy favourite.
Labanauskas is a solid player and will not lie down here, but Barney is still a classy operator and should have too much for the Lithuanian player.