AT A GLANCE
When is Michael Smith vs Nathan Aspinall taking place? Sunday 30th December, 2018
Where is Michael Smith vs Nathan Aspinall place? Alexandra Palace, London
What channel is Michael Smith vs Nathan Aspinall on? Sky Sports Darts
Where can I stream Michael Smith vs Nathan Aspinall? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via the Sky Go app
Are tickets still available for Michael Smith vs Nathan Aspinall? https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets
Michael Smith beat Nathan Aspinall 6-4
- Smith produced his best performance of the tournament in defeating emerging star Luke Humphries 5-1 on Saturday as he averaged 103 in victory and he will now face another outsider in the form of Nathan Aspinall.
- The St Helens star will appear in his first World Championship semi-final and he has long been touted as a potential world champion by observers.
- Smith will look to use his greater experience on the big stage against the relatively inexperienced Aspinall, whom he has a 3-1 career head-to-head lead against.
- Aspinall had pre-tournament odds of 500/1 to lift the trophy but he has now made it all the way through to the semi-finals in what has been a dream Alexandra Palace debut.
- The Englishman averaged just shy of 100 in his comprehensive 5-1 defeat of Brendan Dolan in the quarter-finals and he has also claimed the notable scalps of Devon Peterson, Kyle Anderson and Gerwyn Price on his fairytale run.
- Aspinall - who claimed his maiden Pro Tour title in Barnsley earlier this year - has stated that he is loving every minute on stage and he will relish being the underdog once more.
Few would have predicted Aspinall would reach the final four but he has continued to defy the odds and has been improving with every game on his scintillating Ally Pally debut. He will feel he has nothing to lose here but he comes up against a man who is finally living up to his promise on the biggest stage of them all. Smith has been a man on a mission so far and looks ready to challenge for the title, and as he leads Aspinall in virtually every tournament statistic, we are tipping him to reach New Year's Day's final.