AT A GLANCE
When is Adrian Lewis vs Ted Evetts taking place? Thursday 20th December, 2018
Where is Adrian Lewis vs Ted Evetts place? Alexandra Palace, London
What channel is Adrian Lewis vs Ted Evetts on? Sky Sports Darts
Where can I stream Adrian Lewis vs Ted Evetts? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via the Sky Go app
Are tickets still available for Adrian Lewis vs Ted Evetts? https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets
Adrian Lewis beat Ted Evetts 6-3
- Adrian Lewis will hope to put what has been a forgettable year behind him but there have been one or two signs in recent months that he is on his way back.
- The two-time world champion was axed from the Premier League this year and was dealt a three-month suspended ban for an altercation with Jose Justicia at a UK Open qualifier event in February, but he has recently remarked that he has "started fresh again" as he seeks a return to the top.
- Lewis was eliminated by world number 355 Kevin Munch in the first round last year and he will be determined to avoid another early exit in a tournament he has traditionally performed well in.
- Youngster Evetts is appearing in his second PDC World Darts Championship and he won his first match on the Alexandra Palace stage on Friday when he beat Simon Stevenson 3-0.
- The 21-year-old's first round win came despite an inferior three-dart average but it was his finishing that proved the difference and he will need that to be on point again as he faces one of the biggest names in darts.
- Evetts has faced Lewis three times previously and twice already this year but he has been on the receiving end of defeats on each occasion.
Lewis has been given long odds to win a third world title this year and that is unsurprising given the form he has shown in the last couple of years. However, there is no doubting his ability and if his head is in the right place, he can be a danger to anyone at Ally Pally. Evetts is still learning his trade on the big stage but looked composed in his first round win and may enjoy being the underdog here. Lewis, though, should have too much for the youngster if he plays to something approaching his best.