When does Great Britain vs Slovakia start? Saturday 10th May, 2019 – 19:15 (UK)
Where is Great Britain vs Slovakia being played? Steel Arena, Slovakia
What television channel is Great Britain vs Slovakia on in the UK? This match will be televised live on FreeSports (Sky channel 422)
Where can I stream Great Britain vs Slovakia in the UK? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Great Britain vs Slovakia? https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2019/wm/static/6180/tickets
Last meeting: Slovakia 6-1 Great Britain
THE TEAM NEWS
- Great Britain suffered their fifth defeat of the competition and their third shutout as they lost to Finland in a one-sided game with Finland peppering their goal with 49 shots in comparison to the 12 the Brits managed.
- They are still rooted to the bottom of Group A and need to find a win in their final two matches to give themselves any chance of avoiding relegation but it looks likely at this stage.
- Goaltender Ben Bowns again drew praise for another excellent performance as he did a good job in restricting Finland to just five goals and he will key to keeping his side in the game in this contest.
- Hosts Slovakia showed good character to bounce back from two heart-breaking losses as they proved too good for France as they kept their hopes of making the quarter-finals alive.
- The 6-3 win leaves Slovakia within touching distance of both Canada and the USA but both of those nations have a game in hand on the hosts meaning they must win this fixture and hope one or both of the others slip up.
- Marek Daloga again failed to feature for Slovakia following the facial injury which saw him undergo surgery last week and remains a doubt although he will be doing everything in his power to get back on the ice.
Slovakia have it all to do to make the quarter-finals in the tournament that they are hosting but a win over Great Britain will keep things interesting in the race for the top four. Their win over France kept them in touch with Canada and the United States but will need to win their final two matches to give themselves a chance of progressing. The Brits have struggled on their return to the elite level and look set to lose again here which will leave them in danger of being relegated.