AT A GLANCE
Where is Nick Kyrgios vs Casper Ruud taking place? Foro Italico, Rome
When is Nick Kyrgios vs Casper Ruud on and what time does it start? Wednesday 15th May, 2019 – 19:10 (UK)
What channel is Nick Kyrgios vs Casper Ruud on? BT Sport (check schedule for specific channel)
Where can I stream Nick Kyrgios vs Casper Ruud? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match via the BT Sport Player
Where can I get tickets for Nick Kyrgios vs Casper Ruud? https://ticketing.internazionalibnlditalia.com/
All-time meetings: Nick Kyrgios 0-0 Casper Ruud
- Nick Kyrgios put out the 12th seed Daniil Medvedev in three sets in his first-round match at the Italian Open to set up a first-time meeting with Norway’s Casper Ruud.
- The 24-year-old Australian whipped up his usual controversy in that match with some trademark antics, even serving underarm for the first point of the match.
- Kyrgios is ranked at 36 in the world more for his mentality than his ability and brings a different version of himself to every match. He has not progressed from the round of 16 stage in 2019 apart from Mexico, where he won the tournament.
- 20-year-old Casper Ruud made it through the qualifiers at the Italian Open with little fuss before defeating Britain’s Dan Evans in three sets in the first round proper.
- The Norwegian starlet is currently ranked 75th in the world but reached a career-high 68th earlier this year after reaching the final of the Mens Clay Court Championship in Houston.
- Ruud will face Australia’s Nick Kyrgios for the first time in the second round of the Italian Open after a long period of rain delays in Rome which could test a player of his inexperience.
With no previous meetings between these two players, and Nick Kyrgios’ sheer unpredictability, it is difficult to say for certain where this match will go. Ruud’s inexperience adds further uncertainty, but he did well to conquer Dan Evans after the Brit came back in the second set with a 6-0 whitewash, while Kyrgios got past serious competition in Daniil Medvedev. With his head in the right place, Kyrgios can go deep in this tournament, but Ruud has what it takes to take him to a deciding set where mentality will take centre-stage.