When is USA vs Thailand taking place? Tuesday 11th June 2019 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is USA vs Thailand taking place? Stade Auguste-Delaune II, Reims
What television channel is USA vs Thailand on? BBC Four
Where can I stream USA vs Thailand? UK users can stream this match via BBC iPlayer
Where can I get tickets for USA vs Thailand? https://www.fifa.com/womensworldcup/organisation/ticketing/
THE TEAM NEWS
- The United States enter the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup as current holders and will feel confident of defending their crown with them looking like the team to beat in this year’s tournament.
- Their last defeat came against France in January and the world’s number one ranked side are on a nine-match unbeaten run since then with seven wins to their name during that period whilst they have not conceded in any of their last four.
- The USA have talent littered throughout their squad but they are very strong in attack and one of their most creative outlets in the final third comes in the form of Megan Rapinoe who will be key to her side’s chances of retaining their title.
- Thailand are one of the lowest ranked teams in this year’s tournament but that means they have little pressure to perform as they have small expectations on what they can realistically achieve.
- They have been handed a tough draw and kick off their campaign with the toughest start possible against the defending champions but will have their sights set on beating Chile to give themselves a chance at progressing out of the group stage.
- Ranked 34th in the world, Thailand do not possess many stars but one player who will be key for them is 32-year-old Kanjana Sungngoen with the forward needing to chip in with the goals to give her country a shot at qualifying for the knockout stages.
The United States are the best team in the world and will be looking to prove that once again as they bid to retain the World Cup. They begin their campaign with a relatively straightforward looking contest against Thailand but will be keen to get this out of the way with a win on the board. Thailand will struggle to pose too many problems and must be clinical when chances come around but it is not likely to be enough with the USA having too much in their locker and they should kick off with a comfortable win.