When is Nigeria vs South Korea taking place? Wednesday 12th June 2019 – 14:00 (UK)
Where is Nigeria vs South Korea taking place? Stade des Alpes, Grenoble
What television channel is Nigeria vs South Korea on? BBC Red Button
Where can I stream Nigeria vs South Korea? UK users can stream this match via BBC iPlayer
Where can I get tickets for Nigeria vs South Korea? https://www.fifa.com/womensworldcup/organisation/ticketing/
THE TEAM NEWS
- Nigeria suffered a 3-0 defeat at the hands of Norway as their 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup campaign got off to a poor start although the result didn’t come as too much of a shock due to gap in quality.
- To their credit, Nigeria did improve in the second half but failed to find the back of the net having conceded three goals in the first half which left them with far too much to do to claim a result.
- Nigeria will take some positives from the Norway game with them managing ten shots on goal but only managed two on target and they also look set to be without defender Faith Michael after she was stretchered off in their opening match.
- South Korea failed to spring a surprise over France as the hosts proved far too good in their opening match of Group A with the Koreans struggling after going behind in just the ninth minute.
- Three more goals followed for the French in what was a heavy loss for South Korea and they will have to quickly regroup for their clash with Nigeria after they were completely outclassed by France.
- The Koreans will need to be better with the ball after taking until the 70th minute to get a shot away against France but against much weaker opposition, they will look to put this performance behind them.
Both of these teams head into this game on the back of heavy opening game defeats and their fate in Group A should be a lot clearer after this game. Nigeria were on the wrong end of a 3-0 scoreline against Norway whilst South Korea were blown away by France and were lucky it was only 4-0. Despite those results, the Koreans are better placed to respond with them possessing a much better squad than Nigeria and they should be able to put in a much better display against weaker opposition which should see them claim an important win.