When is Jamaica vs Italy taking place? Friday 14th June 2019 – 17:00 (UK)
Where is Jamaica vs Italy taking place? Stade Auguste-Delaune II, Reims
What television channel is Jamaica vs Italy on? BBC Red Button
Where can I stream Jamaica vs Italy? UK users can stream this match via BBC iPlayer
Where can I get tickets for Jamaica vs Italy? https://www.fifa.com/womensworldcup/organisation/ticketing/
THE TEAM NEWS
- Jamaica put up a good fight in their debut World Cup appearance but came up against a strong Brazil outfit and they were on the wrong end of a 3-0 scoreline in their Group C contest.
- The Jamaicans were not embarrassed by any means as they created some good opportunities to score with Khadija Shaw proving a threat in front of goal but despite the credible performance, there could be some rotation for the game with Italy as they look to give game time to as many players as possible.
- A lot of the talk from the Brazil game surrounded 19-year-old goalkeeper Sydney Schneider after she saved Andressa Alves’ penalty in what was one of several good saves and she will be key to her team’s chances in this one.
- Italy produced the shock of the tournament so far as they snatched a late winner against Australia with Barbara Bonansea’s goal deep into stoppage time sealing a 2-1 victory for the Italians.
- That was Bonansea’s second goal of the game as she stole the show with Italy showing great character to come from a goal down at half-time to turn the game around in the second half and claim a vital three points against the favourites to win the group.
- Italy have now won three games in a row after they came into the tournament on the back of two friendly victories and will be extremely confident of making it four in a row against Jamaica with the Italians expected to make minimal changes to their starting line-up.
Click here for our exclusive preview of Friday's match between England and Argentina!
Italy were the surprise package of the first round of group games at the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup as they stunned Australia to claim a brilliant win. They are now in a great position to progress to the knockout stages and can take a giant leap towards that with another win here. They face a Jamaica side that did well in their first-ever World Cup game but will be looking for an improved result although scoring their first goal will be seen as a triumph. They will put up another good fight here but the Italians should have too much quality for them.