When is Khulna Titans vs Rangpur Riders taking place? Tuesday, 22nd January - 06:30 (UK)
Where is Khulna Titans vs Rangpur Riders taking place? Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium
What is the expected weather for Khulna Titans vs Rangpur Riders? 25-27c with sunshine forecast all day
What channel is Khulna Titans vs Rangpur Riders on? This match will be televised live on Star GOLD HD (Sky 729)
Where can I stream Khulna Titans vs Rangpur Riders? This match cannot be streamed in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Khulna Titans vs Rangpur Riders? Tickets are on sale at Mirpur’s Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium booth (beside Stadium Gate 1) and Suhrawardi Indoor Stadium
All-time meetings: Khulna Titans W1, Rangpur Riders W5
Last meeting: Rangpur Riders beat Khulna Titans by 8 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Mahela Jayawardene
- With five games remaining in the BPL group phase for the Titans, they desperately need to start winning matches having only won one of their seven but they have improved with each game and their batting especially is looking stronger.
- The Titans brought back Stirling to open the innings last time out and that backfired as he was out for a duck, while Brendan Taylor and David Wiese were handed a chance that they capitalised on to a degree but they may consider further changes to bolster the bowling attack.
- Junaid Khan was left out last time despite having taken 4/32 in the previous match and they will bring him back in if available as the balance of the team was poor against the Chittagong Vikings who smashed a stunning 214/4.
Coach: Tom Moody
Captain: Mashrafe Mortaza
- Rangpur Riders got their campaign back on track last time out with a win over Sylhet Sixers as they were inspired by the arrival of AB de Villiers and they managed to snap a three-match losing streak.
- The arrival of De Villiers comes at a good time to bolster their batting even further which already possesses the in-form batsman of the tournament in Rilee Rossouw who has smashed 349 runs in just seven innings at an average of 87 and he has scored 105 runs more than his nearest rival.
- While the batting line-up looks strong, the bowling unit has been weakened to a degree which has led to Chris Gayle’s part-time spin bowling which has not proved particularly successful so far and could be an issue for them.
Batting is clearly the strength for both of these teams at the moment as they have gone heavy in their selections in terms of the overseas players at least with batsmen. That is leaving them a little imbalanced and leaves them vulnerable. The Riders have the edge in quality overall and they will target another win here with teams below them hot on their tails. The Titans are also desperate for a win, but lack any kind of self-belief which should work in the Rangpur outfit’s favour.