When is Khulna Titans vs Rajshahi Kings taking place? Wednesday, 9th January - 11:20 (UK)
Where is Khulna Titans vs Rajshahi Kings taking place? Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium
What is the expected weather for Khulna Titans vs Rajshahi Kings? 22-25c with sunshine expected all day
What channel is Khulna Titans vs Rajshahi Kings on? This match will be televised live on Star GOLD HD (Sky 729)
Where can I stream Khulna Titans vs Rajshahi Kings? This match cannot be streamed in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Khulna Titans vs Rajshahi Kings? Tickets are on sale at Mirpur’s Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium booth (beside Stadium Gate 1) and Suhrawardi Indoor Stadium
All-time meetings: Khulna Titans W3, Rajshahi Kings W2
Last meeting: Khulna Titans beat Rajshahi Kings by 68 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Mahela Jayawardene
- Khulna Titans have lost both of their opening matches but they will be pleased to be the team that is playing back-to-back matches to give them a chance to bounce back immediately from the 105-run mauling at the hands of the Dhaka Dynamites.
- David Wiese came in for that match in place of Carlos Brathwaite and he had a solid game that should see him keep his place in the side but they may contemplate bringing Brathwaite in at the expense of American Ali Khan who has been relatively average with the ball so far.
- Their options to rotate are relatively limited at this early stage of the tournament due to some of their overseas players being unavailable like Malinga and Yasir Shah so that may see them continue to struggle for some time.
Coach: Lance Klusener
Captain: Mehedy Hasan Miraz
- The Kings' BPL campaign got off to a difficult start as they were hammered by 83 runs against Dhaka Dynamites in their opening game and they were behind the curve from the start after conceding 189/5 when bowling first.
- The team looks to lack a little star power with both bat and ball so they are going to need their leaders to step up and contribute more with Mohammad Hafeez, Soumya Sarkar, Laurie Evans and Mustafizur Rahman needing to play key roles for them.
- They will not make any radical changes after that opening defeat as the likes of Christiaan Jonker should be handed another opportunity but there are options among their overseas players like Mohammad Sami and Ryan ten Doeschate to come into the side if they struggle once again.
Neither of these teams have won a match yet in BPL 2019 so the pressure is on both of them here. The Titans will have some momentum as they play back-to-back matches which may aid them a little. That said, the squads are largely uninspiring for both teams and unless key men can hit form, this could be a long tournament for both of them. The marginal preference goes to the Titans who do have more matchwinners in their ranks, but they will have to improve quickly.