When is Dhaka Dynamites vs Sylhet Sixers taking place? Friday, 18th January - 08:00 (UK)
Where is Dhaka Dynamites vs Sylhet Sixers taking place? Sylhet International Cricket Stadium
What is the expected weather for Dhaka Dynamites vs Sylhet Sixers? 24-26c with sunshine forecast all day
What channel is Dhaka Dynamites vs Sylhet Sixers on? This match will be televised live on Star GOLD HD (Sky 729)
Where can I stream Dhaka Dynamites vs Sylhet Sixers? This match cannot be streamed in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Dhaka Dynamites vs Sylhet Sixers? Tickets will be sold at the stadium only
All-time meetings: Dhaka Dynamites W3, Sylhet Sixers W2
Last meeting: Dhaka Dynamites beat Sylhet Sixers by 32 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Khaled Mahmud
Captain: Shakib Al Hasan
- Dhaka Dynamites succumbed to their first defeat in the Bangladesh Premier League on Wednesday as they lost by 20 runs to the Rajshahi Kings chasing a total of 136/6 and they never recovered from a poor start which saw them lose three wickets for just 23 runs.
- For once their much-vaunted batting line-up failed to produce but they will not overreact to that one defeat and they could quite easily name the same eleven for this match against the Sixers.
- In recent matches, their openers Hazratullah Zazai and Sunil Narine have struggled to produce a solid opening partnership and that did not help their middle order last time out so they will want to start better and set the foundations here.
Coach: Waqar Younis
Captain: David Warner
- Sylhet Sixers picked up just their second win of the tournament on Wednesday as they beat the Rangpur Riders by 27 runs after posting their best total to date smashing 187/5 thanks to impressive half centuries for David Warner and Liton Das.
- The key for them was to finally produce a good opening partnership as Liton Das and Sabbir Rahman combined for 73 for the opening wicket so the decision to move David Warner down the order paid off and also benefitted the captain too.
- They have been hit by the news that Warner has now been ruled out of the remainder of the tournament with an elbow injury so Jason Roy has been called up and will fly to Bangladesh on Friday, while it will be Andre Fletcher who replace Warner at number three here.
Dhaka Dynamites are coming off their first defeat of the Bangladesh Premier League and that will likely see them fired up to bounce back immediately here. The Sixers on the other hand are coming off an excellent win, and their confidence will be strong. That said, the absence of David Warner will be something of a blow to them for his captaincy as much as his batting. That could just give the edge to the Dynamites who will be motivated to get back to winning ways here.