When is Dhaka Dynamites vs Sylhet Sixers taking place? Saturday, 12th January - 11:20 (UK)
Where is Dhaka Dynamites vs Sylhet Sixers taking place? Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium
What is the expected weather for Dhaka Dynamites vs Sylhet Sixers? 25-27c with sunshine forecast all day
What channel is Dhaka Dynamites vs Sylhet Sixers on? This match will be televised live on Star GOLD HD (Sky 729)
Where can I stream Dhaka Dynamites vs Sylhet Sixers? This match cannot be streamed in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Dhaka Dynamites vs Sylhet Sixers? Tickets are on sale at Mirpur’s Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium booth (beside Stadium Gate 1) and Suhrawardi Indoor Stadium
All-time meetings: Dhaka Dynamites W2, Sylhet Sixers W2
Last meeting: Dhaka Dynamites beat Sylhet Sixers by 8 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Khaled Mahmud
Captain: Shakib Al Hasan
- Dhaka Dynamites retained their 100% record on Friday by edging past Rangpur Riders by two runs to make it three wins from three and all three of those victories have come with the team batting first and setting an excellent total.
- The batting has been their major strength in the tournament so far having hit 183 or more in all three matches and they have been easily the most impressive team in that department as they bat so deep and there is little sign of that form dropping off.
- Their team is settled and there is little reason to change the winning formula although Andre Russell was struggling at times in the field on Friday against the Riders so there is a chance the veteran all-rounder could be rested and compatriot Rovman Powell may be handed a chance rather than Russell playing in back-to-back matches.
Coach: Waqar Younis
Captain: David Warner
- Sylhet Sixers were beaten in their opening match against Comilla Victorians but they bounced back with a win as they edged past Chittagong Vikings by five runs after posting 168/5 which was impressive after being three wickets down for just six runs at the start of the innings.
- Following that win, the Sixers may be inclined to name an unchanged line-up but that will require some of their local players especially to improve drastically with the likes of Liton Das under pressure after just one solitary run opening the innings in two matches.
- David Warner showed signs of returning to form last time out with a solid knock of 59 from 47 balls as he did well in difficult conditions and circumstances, while Nicholas Pooran contributed once again with an unbeaten half century and he is a fantastic player to be coming in at number six.
Based on the opening rounds of matches, the Dhaka Dynamites have comfortably been the best team in the tournament so far and it will take a monumental effort or complacency on their part to see them defeated. The Sixers have plenty of ability in their ranks, but they will have to raise their game a notch if they are to challenge the Dynamites and become the first team to beat them. Based on their first two matches, there are too many weaknesses in their team at the moment. The Dynamites may consider resting one or two players which may give the Sixers a chance, otherwise the Dhaka outfit have to be favoured.