When is Dhaka Dynamites vs Rajshahi Kings taking place? Saturday, 5th January - 11:20 (UK)
Where is Dhaka Dynamites vs Rajshahi Kings taking place? Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium
What is the expected weather for Dhaka Dynamites vs Rajshahi Kings? 22-24c with sunshine all day
What channel is Dhaka Dynamites vs Rajshahi Kings on? This match will be televised live on Star GOLD HD (Sky 729)
Where can I stream Dhaka Dynamites vs Rajshahi Kings? This match cannot be streamed in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Dhaka Dynamites vs Rajshahi Kings? http://www.tigercricket.com.bd/2019/01/02/media-release-ucb-bangladesh-premier-league-t20-6th-edition-tickets-go-on-sale-tomorrow/
All-time meetings: Dhaka Dynamites W3, Rajshahi Kings W2
Last meeting: Dhaka Dynamites beat Rajshahi Kings by 99 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Khaled Mahmud
Captain: Shakib Al Hasan
- Dhaka Dynamites are the most successful team of all time in the Bangladesh Premier League having won the title three times in five years but they were runners-up last year and will be determined to bounce back and go one better again this time around.
- Skipper Shakib Al Hasan comes into this tournament in outstanding form with the national team so he will be motivated to lead by example once again and he will be supported by another international local player in fast bowler Rubel Hossain.
- Hazratullah Zazai will open the innings and the Afghan is as destructive as they come along with Sunil Narine, while Ian Bell offers a strong option at number three, and fellow overseas stars Andre Russell and Kieron Pollard will add fireworks further down the order and with the ball too.
Coach: Lance Klusener
Captain: Mehedy Hasan Miraz
- Rajshahi Kings were disappointing last time finishing sixth so they will be keen to bounce back and get back to producing the performances from the previous campaign in 2016 when they finished as runners-up.
- Mehedy Hasan Miraz will skipper the side and that comes after some impressive displays with the national team in recent months, so the spinner will look to lead by example along with fellow local internationals in Mominul Haque, Soumya Sarkar, and Mustafizur Rahman who form arguably the strongest set of Bangladeshi groups in the tournament.
- Their main weakness lies in their overseas players as Christiaan Jonker, Laurie Evans, Ryan ten Doeschate, Mohammad Hafeez, Mohammad Sami and Isuru Udana do not quite have the same appeal as many of the other teams so they will hope one or two of them can really catch fire early in the tournament.
The Dynamites look incredibly strong on paper once more and have to be ranked among the favourites yet again. They have quality throughout the team and their spin options will be key on this pitch. The Kings have some talented local players but the pressure will be on them to perform given their foreign players are not exactly inspiring. They struggled last year and could well struggle again so expect the Dhaka outfit to get BPL2019 off to a winning start.