When is Chittagong Vikings vs Rajshahi Kings taking place? Wednesday, 23rd January - 07:30 (UK)
Where is Chittagong Vikings vs Rajshahi Kings taking place? Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium
What is the expected weather for Chittagong Vikings vs Rajshahi Kings? 25-28c with sunshine forecast all day
What channel is Chittagong Vikings vs Rajshahi Kings on? This match will be televised live on Star GOLD HD (Sky 729)
Where can I stream Chittagong Vikings vs Rajshahi Kings? This match cannot be streamed in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Chittagong Vikings vs Rajshahi Kings? Tickets are on sale at Mirpur’s Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium booth (beside Stadium Gate 1) and Suhrawardi Indoor Stadium
All-time meetings: Chittagong Vikings W2, Rajshahi Kings W3
Last meeting: Chittagong Vikings beat Rajshahi Kings by 45 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Nurul Abedin
Captain: Mushfiqur Rahim
- The Vikings are the form team in the BPL right now having won their last four matches to rise up the table into second and they will look to continue this outstanding run of form as they face the Kings here.
- Robbie Frylinck was the key man for the Vikings once again in the victory over Dhaka Dynamites as his unbeaten 25 from just ten balls saw them come back from a difficult position to pick up another outstanding victory against the leaders to close the gap at the top.
- The part-time bowling of Cameron Delport is proving key to the team having taken five wickets in his last two matches with his spin and all units of the team are playing particularly well right now so they will likely go unchanged here.
Coach: Lance Klusener
Captain: Mehedy Hasan Miraz
- Rajshahi Kings have won their last two matches against Dhaka Dynamites and Comilla Victorians thanks to two impressive bowling displays as they defended their totals well batting first so confidence is high within the camp at the moment.
- The win over the Victorians came in no small part thanks to Laurie Evans’ hundred – the first by any player in the tournament – and that came after being dropped from the side due to his early struggles so that will give him and the team a much-needed boost.
- All-rounder Ryan ten Doeschate was also key in that victory as he is beginning to find his feet in the tournament now after four matches as he took 2/15 and hit an unbeaten 59 so he will look to continue that as the Kings will likely name an unchanged team.
Both of these teams come into this match in tremendous form so this should be an entertaining affair. The Kings showed in Frylinck’s absence that they do not rely on him completely, but he has been so key for them in a number of matches and won the game for them last time out. The Kings are finding some form right now and are improving with every game. If they can maintain this form, they can pose the Vikings some problems in what should be a close and competitive match.