AT A GLANCE
When? Tuesday 27th
November, 14:30 (UK)
Where? Sharjah Cricket Stadium
Weather? Sunny, 28°C
What channel is it on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? This match cannot be streamed in the UK
Are tickets still available? https://www.q-tickets.com/t10/eventlist.aspx
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Herschelle Gibbs
Captain: Brendon McCullum
- Rajputs’ last game was cancelled with no result achieved due to rain, but they still managed to finish second in Group A after winning once and drawing once in their two other matches so they are reasonably confident.
- The obvious strength of Herschelle Gibbs’ side is their batting line-up, with Brendon McCullum, Laurie Evans, Rilee Rossouw and Carlos Braithwaite at the top of their batting order and they will be relied upon to post big numbers.
- Gibbs will be looking for his bowlers to contribute more as they’ve really struggled to have an impact, with 35-year-old Munaf Patel leading their wicket taking with three wickets so far.
Coach: Wasim Akram
Captain: Rashid Khan
- Maratha Arabians are coming off the back of a poor performance on Sunday which saw them lose by eight wickets to Northern Warriors, meaning they finished third in Group A.
- Wasim Akram’s men have struggled to put up imposing batting totals with any great consistency so far but in Rashid Khan they have one of the best bowlers in cricket and he has the ability to change a game at any given moment.
- Without the experienced Lasith Malinga, the Arabians will be looking towards Richard Gleeson and James Faulkner to restrict Rajputs’ batsmen and they really need to up their game here.
In modern day cricket, batsmen can dominate games and for a team to have success, their bowlers must be able to make a difference. Therefore, with the Rajputs’ top-heavy batting line-up - they had a +4.314 net run rate in the group stage - and Maratha Arabians’ short-handed bowling attack, Brendon McCullum’s men should get off to the perfect start in the T10 League’s second round.