AT A GLANCE
When? Wednesday 21st
November, 16:45 (UK)
Where? Sharjah Cricket Stadium
Weather? 25-27c with sunshine all day
What channel is it on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? This match cannot be streamed in the UK
Are tickets still available? https://www.q-tickets.com/t10/eventlist.aspx
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Daniel Vettori
Captain: Eoin Morgan
- Last year’s champions Kerala Kings kick off the new campaign eager to repeat the success and they have a large number of the squad returning to defend their crown with Eoin Morgan leading them once again.
- They made a big splash in terms of signings with the self-proclaimed ‘universe boss’ Chris Gayle joining them for this edition and their batting line-up looks to be even stronger than it was last season.
- Paul Stirling was a revelation last year and the big hitting Irishman is back here along with Dickwella and Pollard, but their bowling attack looks equally as strong with Lamichhane, Junaid Khan, Sohail Tanvir and Tom Curran all in their ranks.
Coach: Dean Jones
Captain: Shahid Afridi
- The Pakhtoons were many peoples’ favourites in the last edition of this tournament but they lost their one and only match at the semi-final stage so they will hope to go a couple of steps further this time around.
- The squad has seen a fair shift in personnel from last year which was heavily Pakistani and while Shahid Afridi leads the team and has compatriots Mohammad Irfan and Sohail Khan to support him, they have brought in some specialists of the shorter format this time.
- Colin Ingram, Colin Munro, Andre Fletcher, Cameron Delport and English duo Liam Dawson and David Willey form a fearsome line-up of big hitting but offer some quality part-time bowling options too as they will be one of the favourites once again.
This match promises to be shootout with two of the best teams from last year going head-to-head on the opening day. Both teams possess some serious firepower with the bat but some talented bowling options too. It will be interesting to see the team selections given the sheer quality in both squads, but this match will surely be a shootout and if one batsmen really fires, that will be the decisive factor. The Kings may just have the bigger hitters, while the Pakhtoons may have the greater depth so this really is a toss of a coin.