2018 NRL – North Queensland Cowboys vs Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs Preview
13th Apr 2018 by Ash Wheldon
AT A GLANCE
When? Saturday 14th April, 08:30 (UK)
Where? 1300SMILES Stadium
What channel is it on? UK - Sky Sports Arena Australia -Foxtel, LIVE PASS
Where can I stream the match? UK - Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go Australia - https://www.telstra.com.au/tv-...
Are tickets still available? https://www.cowboys.com.au/gam...
Head Coach: Paul Green
Starting 13: Coote, Feldt, O'Neill, Hampton, Winterstein, Morgan, Thurston, Scott, Granville, Bolton, Cooper, Hess, Taumalolo – Interchanges: Martin, Asiata, Jensen, Lowe – Reserves: Molo, Bowen, Tuala, Clifford
Unavailable: Josh Chudleigh, Shaun Fensom, Kane Linnett, Jordan McLean
- North Queensland lost their fourth game in a row as they went down to New Zealand Warriors last weekend. The Cowboys have faced a tough start to the season and will be hoping a run of what should be easier games can help them get back in contention following last week’s 22-12 loss.
- Lachlan Coote makes a welcome return from injury and he will start at fullback. Ben Hampton moves to the centres, taking the place of Javid Bowen.
- The Cowboys’ defence is still a worry for Paul Green as his side missed 32 tackles last week. Having conceded an average of 24.6 points per game through Round five, that number will have to be significantly reduced if the Cowboys are to challenge this season.
Head Coach: Dean Pay
Starting 13: Mbye, B. Morris, J. Morris, Hopoate, Montoya, Marshall-King, Foran, Woods, Lichaa, Klemmer, Jackson, Faitala-Mariner, Elliott – Interchanges: Fine, Fualalo, Eastwood, Holland – Reserves: Olive, Martin, Toomaga, Frawley
Unavailable: Tom Carr, Aiden Tolman
- Canterbury allowed Canberra to win their first game of the season last week as the Bulldogs put in a poor performance, a result which leaves them one place above the bottom of the table. The Raiders proved too good and claimed a 26-10 win.
- Captain Josh Jackson is free to play after he won his battle with the judiciary and had his high tackle charge downgraded. He will lead out an unchanged 17 from last week’s game.
- Despite seeing 56% of possession, the Bulldogs were unable to get on top and were behind from the ninth minute until the full-time hooter. The 26 points they conceded also meant that number became their average per game for the season so far and will be a big worry against a Cowboys side that have one of their strike weapons back in the side.
The Cowboys and the Bulldogs have just two wins between them this season but it’s the Bulldogs that will be most concerned by their start. After a couple of decent performances that have resulted in losses, they succumbed to the Raiders last week who were winless heading into the game. They now face a Cowboys side that have had a tough run of fixtures and will be targeting their next three games to get to 4-4. The return of Lachlan Coote is a big one for the Cowboys and he can help his side start climbing the table with a potential big win on the cards here to get the ball rolling.
Scribble your email address here and click subscribe to receive our newsletter on all things sport, data and analysis!