AT A GLANCE
When? Wednesday 5th
December, 12:00 (UK)
Where? SuperSport Park
Weather? 32-34c with sunshine all day
What channel is it on? Tshwane Spartans vs Paarl Rocks will be broadcast live on FreeSports
Where can I stream the match? Tshwane Spartans vs Paarl Rocks will not be streamed live on UK television
Are tickets still available? https://www.ticketpros.co.za/portal/web/index.php/event/c7301e18-4719-4019-105d-5b84e704db0a
Previous meeting: Tshwane Spartans beat Paarl Rocks by 1 run
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Mark Boucher
Captain: AB de Villiers
- The Spartans have struggled to find any real consistency in their performance levels of late and have lost three of their last four matches so they know that with just four matches of MSL 2018 left, they simply have to start winning if they want to reach the knockouts.
- They are boosted by the return of Eoin Morgan after T10 duty and he will provide them with a much-needed spark for a batting line-up that has under-performed so far and Tony de Zorzi could find his position under threat after just 59 runs in six innings.
- Jeevan Mendis continues to be a revelation with the ball having now taken 13 wickets in six matches as the tournament’s leading wicket-taker but the pressure really is on both batting and bowling units to improve across the board.
Coach: Adrian Birrell
Captain: Faf du Plessis
- The Paarl Rocks fell to the Tshwane Spartans by a solitary run in their opening match as both teams scored over 200 runs, so they will be keen to avenge that loss and they have good form behind them having won three of their last four matches now.
- They are boosted by the return of Cameron Delport for this match as he has rejoined the squad following his T10 stint and that is significant as he smashed 73 in his only appearance for them against the Spartans and that gives the Rocks an even stronger look to their batting line-up.
- Dwayne Bravo is another returnee to the side after an impressive T10 campaign so Wiese and Kruger could be the duo to make way after their recent struggles and his addition at number six in the batting line-up means they have a vast array of quality and experience in the team now.
Now that all the T10 players are returning to the Mzansi Super League, the teams are starting to have a different look and feel to them now. The Spartans welcome back Morgan, while the Rocks have Delport and Bravo back in their ranks, which will add a different dynamic to the game. All three are expected to start, and it is the Rocks that look the stronger team all round. Despite having AB de Villiers leading the way for the Spartans, they have not been convincing at all so far so it is difficult to have any confidence in picking them. The Rocks have been impressive in recent matches, and should only be bolstered by Delport and Bravo.