AT A GLANCE
When? Wednesday 28th November, 12:00 (UK)
Where? SuperSport Park
Weather? 30°C, Sunny with regular cloud cover
What channel is it on? Tshwane Spartans vs Jozi Stars will be shown live on FreeSports
Where can I stream the match? Tshwane Spartans vs Jozi Stars will not be streamed live on UK television
Are tickets still available? https://www.ticketpros.co.za/portal/web/index.php/event/c7301e18-4719-4019-105d-5b84e704db0a
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Mark Boucher
Captain: AB de Villiers
- Last time out, Tshwane Spartans suffered their third defeat of the season as they lost to the Nelson Mandela Bay Giants by 7 runs (DLS method), meaning they remained bottom of the table.
- Jeevan Mendis is the tournament’s leading wicket-taker with nine and 20-year-old Lutho Sipamla has picked up a further seven but outside of those two, their bowlers have failed to make an impact so they remain key to their hopes.
- Gihahn Cloete has scored 145 runs so far - the second highest amount in the league – and has been a key figure at the top of the order and that has allowed skipper AB de Villiers to come in and aim to hit big and add impetus to the innings with a sold platform to build on, and they will need him to produce a big score here.
Coach: Enoch Nkwe
Captain: Kagiso Rabada
- Jozi Stars lost their second game of the season in their last match as they lost by 62 runs to top-of-the-table Cape Town Blitz, although they remained third in the league due to other results.
- Coach Enoch Nkwe’s main concern is with his batting outfit as Ryan Rickelton and Rassie van der Dussen are the Stars’ only consistent contributors, although Dane Vilas had a very good season with Lancashire so should provide some stability to their middle order as more players are needed to step up.
- The Stars’ bowlers have all chipped in with some vital wickets, with Duanne Olivier, Beuran Hendricks and Eddie Leie the main contributors and that is clearly a core strength for this team if the batsmen can play their part too.
This is a vital game for both teams as they aim to recover from poor starts to the season and make up some ground on the two teams at the top of the table. Despite being bottom of the table on net run rate, the potent bowling attack of Jeevan Mendis and Lutho Sipamla should be too much for the frail-looking Jozi Stars batting line-up and could see the Spartans win their second game of the season.