AT A GLANCE
When? Saturday 1st December, 17:00 (UK)
Where? SuperSport Park
Weather? Cloudy and rain unlikely, 23°C
What channel is it on? Tshwane Spartans vs Cape Town Blitz will not be broadcast live on UK television
Where can I stream the match? Tshwane Spartans vs Cape Town Blitz will not be streamed live on UK television
Are tickets still available? https://www.ticketpros.co.za/portal/web/index.php/event/c7301e18-4719-4019-105d-5b84e704db0a
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Mark Boucher
Captain: AB de Villiers
- Tshwane Spartans picked up a vital win on Wednesday after losing three out of their last four as they beat Jozi Stars by four wickets with just three balls remaining to keep them in the hunt for a top four place.
- The win came thanks primarily to Dean Elgar’s unbeaten 79 off of 52 balls, which went a long way to answering some of Elgar’s white-ball critics and helped to lift the Spartans off the bottom of the table.
- Sri Lankan Jeevan Mendis continued his blistering start to the season with the ball and remained the league’s leading wicket-taker as he picked up two more wickets, giving him 11 already, while Lutho Sipamla picked up his eighth wicket of the tournament.
CAPE TOWN BLITZ
Coach: Ashwell Prince
Captain: Quinton de Kock
- The Cape Town Blitz remained at the top of the Mzansi Super League after their top-of-the-table clash with the Nelson Mandela Bay Giants was abandoned due to rain, meaning they had to settle for a share of the spoils and they will have gone almost a week without playing.
- The Blitz’s batsmen have been the primary reason they have had such an excellent start to the season - they have lost just once – but they will be keen to get back to winning ways after winning the opening four matches of the tournament.
- However, the Blitz’s bowling attack has been dealt a huge blow after it was announced that fast bowler Anrich Nortje - who had taken eight wickets so far - would miss the rest of the season with an ankle injury so that could impact them to a degree.
We could be in for quite the run fest when these two teams face off as a number of the top run-scorers in the Mzansi Super League will be on show when these two play so expect fireworks. While each side’s bowling attacks have been playing well, the loss of Anrich Nortje will hurt the Blitz. Jeevan Mendis and Lutho Sipamla’s ability to get regular wickets could be just what the Spartans need to get a memorable victory over the table-topping Blitz but there really is little to choose between these two teams.