AT A GLANCE
When? Sunday 2nd
December, 09:00 (UK)
Where? Boland Park
Weather? 22-24c and sunshine forecast all day
What channel is it on? Paarl Rocks vs Durban Heat will be broadcast live on FreeSports
Where can I stream the match? Paarl Rocks vs Durban Heat will not be streamed live on UK television
Are tickets still available? https://www.ticketpros.co.za/portal/web/index.php/event/c7301e18-4719-4019-105d-5b84e704db0a
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Adrian Birrell
Captain: Faf du Plessis
- The Paarl Rocks had some momentum behind them after winning two matches in a row against Cape Town and Durban but they came unstuck against the Nelson Mandela Bay Gaints on Friday by 48 runs and they will be keen to get back to winning ways against a direct rival for the top four places here.
- Their batting uncharacteristically let them on Friday as the top order struggled with the exception of Markram who hit a half century, and Davids, Du Plessis and Van Jaarsveld will aim to get back to their best here.
- They had too much firepower with the bat when they met in Durban last week in a rain affected match as they looked extremely comfortable against the Heat bowling attack which will give them confidence here.
Coach: Grant Morgan
Captain: Hashim Amla
- Durban Heat have lost their last three matches now and have won just one of their five so far as they come off a hugely disappointing loss to the Jozi Stars who racked up 230/3 which proved far too much for them to chase down falling 53 runs short.
- Philander, Bokako and Abbott all proved costly going for over 12 per over and the bowling has to improve as it was also exposed when they played Paark Rocks last week in a rain affected match.
- The form of Hashim Amla has to be a major concern for them as the opener has scored just 55 runs in 5 matches so far and the fragile nature of their top order is costing them dearly and they need a contribution from him here.
The Durban Heat have had a tough MSL campaign so far and they simply cannot afford to lose this match. Paarl Rocks were handed a reality check last time out but had shown some good form prior to that. Their top order is proving far more reliable than the Heat’s and that could be what the makes the difference. With the Heat’s bowling attack struggling too despite some internationals in their ranks, that does not bode well against another strong batting line-up.