AT A GLANCE
When? Friday 14th
December, 17:00 (UK)
Where? New Wanderers Stadium
Weather? 26-28c with cloud but no rain expected
What channel is it on? Jozi Stars vs Paarl Rocks will be broadcast live on FreeSports
Where can I stream the match? Jozi Stars vs Paarl Rocks will not be streamed live on UK television
Are tickets still available? https://www.ticketpros.co.za/portal/web/index.php/event/c7301e18-4719-4019-105d-5b84e704db0a
Paarl Rocks beat Jozi Stars by 6 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Enoch Nkwe
Captain: Dane Vilas
- Jozi Stars are arguably the form team in the entire competition coming into this Eliminator with five wins from their last six matches so confidence is sky high especially given some of the massive totals they have been smashing.
- Having scored more than 200 on three occasions – something only two other teams have managed to do once – their confidence with the bat is superb despite not being able to count upon Chris Gayle who has returned to the West Indies for his mother’s funeral.
- They changed their batting order by throwing Kagiso Rabada up to number four last time out as a pinch-hitter and he responded by smashing 21 from 11 balls, so they may consider switching it up again if the opportunity arises, but the starting eleven is likely to remain the same for this game match.
Coach: Adrian Birrell
Captain: Faf du Plessis
- Paarl Rocks have struggled for consistency throughout this tournament but they do have big match players and they produced the goods when they had to by winning their last two group stage matches against Jozi Stars and Nelson Mandela Bay Giants.
- The bowlers were key in the win over the Giants as Shamsi and Bravo were in outstanding form, while a batsmen not named Du Plessis managed to contribute with a big score as Delport smashed 84 from 45 balls.
- They will need their bowling unit to be at their absolute best here against the best batting line-up in the competition, while Delport, Du Plessis, Davids and Markram really need to be at their best to keep up with the hosts.
These two teams meet in Johannesburg having one a game apiece in their previous two meetings so far in the MSL. The Stars however made a slow start but have been the standout team in the second half of the tournament and their confidence is sky high. They are hitting some huge scores and they will be confident especially if they can bat first and get a huge total under their belts which they have done frequently so far. The Rocks have the quality to match them, but not enough of their players have produced their best as consistently as the Stars. For that reason alone, the Stars have to be favoured to make the final.