AT A GLANCE
When? Friday 30th November, 17:00 (UK)
Where? Wanderers Stadium
Weather? 24c and sunny
What channel is it on? Jozi Stars vs Durban Heat will be shown live on FreeSports
Where can I stream the match? Jozi Stars vs Durban Heat will not be streamed live on UK television
Are tickets still available? https://www.ticketpros.co.za/portal/web/index.php/event/c7301e18-4719-4019-105d-5b84e704db0a
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Enoch Nkwe
Captain: Dane Vilas
- Jozi Stars slumped to their third loss in four games as they lost by four wickets to the Spartans as after posting a respectable 186/5, the Spartans surpassed the mark with 3 balls remaining.
- South African Pite van Biljon impressed against the Spartans as he smashed 42 runs from 13 balls as his innings included three fours and four sixes to give Van Biljon a strike rate of 323.07 so he is proving a nice addition to the middle order.
- The Stars are four points behind Paarl Rocks who occupy the final play-off spot at the moment and they face another direct rival here so they have to win this match although Dane Vilas will have to make some better decisions than he did last time out giving Christian just 2 overs (11 runs) while Eddie Leie went for 41 from 3.
Coach: Grant Morgan
Captain: Albie Morkel
- Durban lost their third match of the campaign to Paarl Rocks on Wednesday but they were hampered by the match being reduced to nine overs due to rain and the Heat lost by 32 runs on the Duckworth/Lewis method.
- Opening batsman Hashim Amla was left red-faced as he was bowled out by Bjorn Fortuin on the very first ball of the innings and half of their batsman were bowled out before four overs had been completed after some rash shots.
- Captain Albie Morkel should be fit to play against the Stars as he came through the last game unscathed whilst nursing a bruised arm and scored eleven runs from nine balls and he will be key for them once again.
These teams both occupy the bottom two positions in the league table and need wins desperately if they are to make the play-offs. It is difficult to pick a winner, but home advantage at the Wanderers Stadium should enable the Stars to edge past the Heat and claim a second win in a close fought game.