AT A GLANCE
When? Wednesday 28th November, 17:00 (UK)
Where? Kingsmead Cricket Ground
Weather? 20c with full cloud cover and strong winds
What channel is it on? Durban Heat vs Paarl Rocks will be shown live on FreeSports
Where can I stream the match? Durban Heat vs Paarl Rocks will not be streamed live on UK television
Are tickets still available? https://www.ticketpros.co.za/portal/web/index.php/event/c7301e18-4719-4019-105d-5b84e704db0a
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Grant Morgan
Captain: Hashim Amla
- Durban Heat lost their second game of the season last Friday to the Nelson Mandela Bay Giants by nine wickets, meaning they sit fourth in the league table, just a point off a play-off spot.
- With Rashid Khan plying his trade in the T10 League in the UAE, the Heat are counting on Kyle Abbott and Keshav Maharaj to take the majority of the wickets for them, although Albie Morkel and Vernon Philander have chipped in sporadically in what is a relatively strong bowling line-up.
- With the bat, Grant Morgan’s men have struggled to score runs, with Khaya Zondo and the aforementioned Morkel averaging close to 50, although skipper Hashim Amla has looked uncharacteristically out of touch and they need some of their top order to start firing soon.
Coach: Boland Park
Captain: Adrian Birrell
- Paarl Rocks are coming off the back of their first win of the season as they beat top-of-the-table Cape Town Blitz by five wickets, thanks in part to a half-century from Faf du Plessis in his first game of the season.
- Having lost Cameron Delport to the T10 League, the Rocks’ batting line-up has struggled with no player stepping forward to take control, although Henry Davids did score 60 two games ago.
- With the ball, the Rocks have been searching for the correct combination ever since losing Dwayne Bravo, and in their last game, Bjorn Fortuin stepped up for the Western Cape outfit as he produced tournament-best figures of 4/15 in their win over the Blitz.
This is a match-up of two teams looking to compete for the final play-off place so there is plenty on the line here. The Rocks will be hoping to build on their first win of the season whilst the Heat will be hoping to bounce back after defeat. Faf du Plessis’s addition to the Rocks’ starting XI could be the star power they need to help them record back-to-back wins for the first time.