AT A GLANCE
When? Wednesday 21st November, 17:00 (UK)
Where? Newlands Cricket Ground
Weather? 15-17c with cloud but no rain expected
What channel is it on? Cape Town Blitz vs Nelson Mandela Bay Giants will not be broadcast live on UK television
Where can I stream the match? Cape Town Blitz vs Nelson Mandela Bay Giants will not be streamed live on UK television
Are tickets still available? https://www.ticketpros.co.za/portal/web/index.php/event/c7301e18-4719-4019-105d-5b84e704db0a
THE TEAM NEWS
CAPE TOWN BLITZ
Coach: Ashwell Prince
Captain: Quinton de Kock
- These two teams are the only pair left in the tournament to have a 100% winning record and the Cape Town Blitz managed to pull a victory from the jaws of defeat last time out against Durban Heat thanks to heroics from Asif Ali with the bat.
- In their two wins so far, they have had some key knocks by Mohammad Nawaz, Kyle Verreynne and then Asif Ali to thank for their victories, as their batsmen are closing matches and producing big scores so far which has allowed their bowlers something to work with.
- Dale Steyn came into the side after returning from international duty against Durban but he struggled going for 45 runs from his four overs so they will expect more from him as he partners Nortje who has started the MSL in impressive fashion. The only possible change is likely to involve the return of skipper Quinton de Kock from international duty.
NELSON MANDELA BAY GIANTS
Coach: Eric Simons
Captain: Imran Tahir
- The Bay Giants kicked off their MSL campaign in style as they produced the most comprehensive win of the tournament so far in many respects as they overcame the Jozi Stars on Saturday with two overs to spare after restricting the hosts to just 124/7.
- They are strengthened by the return of key internationals Imran Tahir and all-rounder Chris Morris and they will notably boost their options and the quality in the ranks so they will have some tough decisions as to who they will leave out here.
- The one area of improvement is with the bat as Ben Duckett scored 75 of their 127 runs in that opening match but they will hope some of their other batsmen can find some form and contribute especially if they are to keep up with the Blitz here.
Cape Town Blitz produced a superb comeback in their last match to win their second consecutive match although a couple of individual performances may have masked some issues within the team. The Bay Giants are a tough team to read at this early stage of the tournament after just one solitary match, but they will only be strengthened by the arrival of Imran Tahir and Chris Morris. Somebody’s unbeaten record has to go here but the edge may just go with the hosts who have shown a bit more so far, although it is a difficult one to call here.