AT A GLANCE
When is Clermont Auvergne vs Lyon taking place? Sunday 25th November, 15:50
Where is Clermont Auvergne vs Lyon taking place? Stade Marcel-Michelin
What is the playing surface? Grass
What is the expected weather at Clermont Auvergne vs Lyon? Cloudy, 6°
What channel is Clermont Auvergne vs Lyon on? Sky Sports Arena
Where can I stream Clermont Auvergne vs Lyon? Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Clermont Auvergne vs Lyon? https://billetterie.asm-rugby.com/fr/meeting/1483/lyon/stade-marcel-michelin/25-11-2018/16h50
Lyon 36-10 Clermont Auvergne
Head Coach: Franck Azéma
- Before the break, Clermont Auvergne were the hot team in the Top 14. They had won six of their opening nine games, losing twice and drawing once against Grenoble 27-27.
- The Yellow Army have by far the best points differential in the Top 14. They have a difference of 140 between their points scored and points conceded and the next closest is Toulouse with 36.
- In the absence of their international players, many of Clermont’s fringe players will get an opportunity including Alivereti Raka who scored a wonder try last time out against Grenoble.
Head Coach: Matthieu Lazerges
- Despite being one of the oldest rugby clubs in France, Lyon have failed to keep hold of top-flight status over recent years, instead becoming one of France’s ‘yo-yo’ clubs.
- However, they’ve made a good start to their 2018-19 campaign as they currently lie fourth in the Top 14 table and are coming off the back of a thumping 41-6 victory over Stade Francais.
- Jonathan Wisniewski is their leading scorer in the league so far and will be needed if they are to get an unlikely victory on Sunday.
What a way to welcome back the Top 14 after the international break, as top-of-the-table Clermont Auvergne face fourth-placed Lyon. Clermont are unbeaten at home - they’ve won four out of four at the Stade Marcel-Michelin - so look for that to continue on Sunday against a tough Lyon side.