AT A GLANCE
When? Friday 17th
August, 01:00 (UK)
Where? Darren Sammy Cricket Ground, Gros Islet
Weather? 27-28c with a 60-70C chance of rain which could affect play
What channel is it on? Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream the match? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Are tickets still available? https://wi.bookmyshow.com/sports/caribbean-premier-league
All-time meetings: St Lucia Stars W2, Trinbago Knight Riders W8, No result 1
THE TEAM NEWS
ST LUCIA STARS
Coach: Brad Hodge
Captain: Kieron Pollard
- The Stars come off yet another defeat against the Jamaica Tallawahs which now takes their winless run to 14 matches as their last victory in the tournament was in 2016 so morale remains pretty low in the camp.
- Despite losing their three matches in CPL 2018 and being the only team not to have won a match in the competition so far, their last couple of performances have improved although they face the team that routed them by 100 runs in the first match of the tournament this season.
- The reliance on their big name players remains high and they really need Fletcher and Warner to produce some big hitting if they are to keep up with the firepower that the Knight Riders possess.
TRINBAGO KNIGHT RIDERS
Coach: Simon Katich
Captain: Dwayne Bravo
- The Knight Riders looked to take the CPL 2018 by storm after hammering their opponents here in the opening match, but they have since lost their last two matches against the Tallawahs and the Patriots, so they need to bounce back quickly.
- Their bowling in the opening match was excellent, but they have struggled in their last two games conceding over 200 runs in both matches and captain Dwayne Bravo has to improve his poor economy rate of 12.20 so far.
- Colin Munro has hit the ground running since arriving from Hampshire and the t20 Blast in England, but the other big names like McCullum, Lynn and Narine have struggled so their batsmen need to step up here.
14 matches without a win now for St Lucia and the Stars are giving little confidence that they can reverse this horrific run dating back to 2016. The Knight Riders are not in great form themselves and are vulnerable to a potential upset, but they have quality all over their team. They comfortably hammered the Stars in their first meeting this season, and this could follow suit. Their batsmen and bowlers are not quite firing on all cylinders yet, but they have plenty of quality and that should see them through once again.