AT A GLANCE
When? Saturday 25th
August, 02:00 (UK)
Where? Daren Sammy Cricket Ground, Gros Islet
Weather? 28-30c with a clear evening expected
What channel is it on? Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream the match? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Are tickets still available? https://wi.bookmyshow.com/sports/caribbean-premier-league
All-time meetings: St Lucia Stars W3, Guyana Amazon Warriors W7
THE TEAM NEWS
ST LUCIA STARS
Coach: Brad Hodge
Captain: Kieron Pollard
- Fresh off their first win since 2016, the euphoria did not last long for the St Lucia Stars as they were humiliated in their next match by the St Kitts & Nevis Patriots as they were bowled out for just 69 – the third lowest ever total in CPL history.
- They are left with having to bounce back immediately and this match is essentially a must-win game as their chances of reaching the final four are running out with every defeat they suffer.
- Kieron Pollard was notably unhappy with the attitude of his team last time out and they may consider changes to the team but they have no real quality options to notably boost the team though they are relying on Fletcher and Warner to score big opening the innings.
GUYANA AMAZON WARRIORS
Coach: Johan Botha
Captain: Shoaib Malik
- The Guyana Amazon Warriors have one of the more complete line-ups in the CPL and they currently sit top of the table having won three and lost just the one match in their opening four games.
- Their spinners are proving to be key in their performances so far with Green, Bishoo and Imran Tahir excelling so far and causing plenty of problems for their opponents and have been ably supported by pacemen Paul and Emrit.
- The batting line-up remains incredibly strong with Hetymer leading the way with 243 runs from just four innings so far but they have plenty of strength and depth that they demonstrated last time out in the win over Jamaica Tallawahs.
The loss for St Lucia last time out was arguably their most embarrassing in their tough run over matches between CPL 2017 and this edition. Confidence is low and they looked so fragile against the Patriots that it is difficult to have much confidence in them. They cannot surely play as bad as that and such a humiliation will likely force a reaction from them, but they face one of the best sides in the tournament who will offer no charity. The Amazon Warriors have quality in all areas of the team and even if the Stars do raise their game, it is difficult to see anything other than a win for the visitors and league leaders.