AT A GLANCE
When? Tuesday 28th
August, 23:00 (UK)
Where? Warner Park Sporting Complex, Basseterre
Weather? 27-28c with cloud but no rain forecast
What channel is it on? Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream the match? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Are tickets still available? https://wi.bookmyshow.com/sports/caribbean-premier-league
All-time meetings: St Kitts & Nevis Patriots W1, Guyana Amazon Warriors W5
THE TEAM NEWS
ST KITTS & NEVIS PATRIOTS
Coach: Donovan Miller
Captain: Chris Gayle
- The Patriots sit just above the Amazon Warriors in the standings due to a better run rate and they come in to this match in good form having comfortably beaten both the St Lucia Stars and Barbados Tridents last week.
- The most impressive aspect of the win over Barbados especially was the fact they did not have to rely on Chris Gayle as he was out for a first ball duck as King hit an excellent 60 to see them to victory although Evin Lewis’ struggles continue which puts his position under threat.
- Spin revelation Lamichhane will shortly depart for international duty so they will be keen to get another win under their belts before he leaves as that will weaken what has been an outstanding bowling attack with him leading it, as Rassie van der Dussen awaits on the sidelines to come in for him.
GUYANA AMAZON WARRIORS
Coach: Johan Botha
Captain: Shoaib Malik
- The Guyana Amazon Warriors have struggled to string together a consistent run of results and performances so far and they come off a disappointing loss at the hands of the St Lucia Stars last time out.
- Skipper Shoaib Malik has departed for national team duty with Pakistan so it remains to be seen who will lead the side with Walton and Ronchi both strong experienced candidates to take over from him.
- After only being contracted to play for the Amazon Warriors until Cameron Delport arrived, Chris Green was expected to leave but his performances have merited an extension especially with Malik unavailable so he will continue.
Neither of these teams are particularly easy to predict and there is plenty more to come from both sides. The Amazon Warriors' batting unit may have the edge but there is little to choose between them, and in contrast, the Patriots' bowling attack with Lamichhane has the narrow edge too. This match will ultimately come down to which of the batting line-ups clicks into gear and it could very well be a shootout between Gayle and Hetmyer, but this one is too unpredictable to call with any real confidence.