AT A GLANCE
When? Sunday 26th
August, 23:00 (UK)
Where? Kensington Oval, Bridgetown
Weather? 27-28c with cloud but no rain forecast
What channel is it on? Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream the match? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Are tickets still available? https://wi.bookmyshow.com/sports/caribbean-premier-league
All-time meetings: Barbados Tridents W4, Trinbago Knight Riders W6
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Robin Singh
Captain: Jason Holder
- The Tridents were beaten on Saturday night by Chris Gayle’s St Kitts & Nevis Patriots despite the heroics of Mohammad Irfan who produced the most economical figures in CPL history with 4-3-1-2.
- Irfan’s two wickets saw him remove both Gayle and Lewis for a combined total of one run but his bowling colleagues could not match his performance as the Patriots bounced back to chase down the average total of 147/6.
- Their batting was below par as only skipper Jason Holder got to grips with the Patriots’ bowling attack with his 54 from 35 balls, and there may be a recall for Hashim Amla for this match.
TRINBAGO KNIGHT RIDERS
Coach: Simon Katich
Captain: Dwayne Bravo
- The Knight Riders have had a break from action for the last week so they return here sitting in third place knowing a victory will take them to the top of the standings once again so motivation is high.
- Some of their key men are still to get firing with the bat as Narine and Lynn remain out of touch while there is a chance that Ali Khan drops out of the line-up with either Shannon Gabriel or Kevin Cooper coming in.
- Paceman Ronsford Beaton has joined the squad after a long-term injury but he is unlikely to feature just yet, while all-rounder Kevon Cooper will face a late fitness test to check on his availability here.
The Knight Riders have not played for a week now so they may be a little out of touch. The Tridents were poor on Saturday and they are struggling with their batting line-up and finding the right blend. Their bowling department is not firing on all cylinders neither other than Irfan, and skipper Holder is an expensive liability right now. If one or two of the Knight Riders’ batsmen click into gear, they have the firepower to take the game away from the Tridents. Given the fact that they will play on a new strip that should favour the batsmen, that should favour the Knight Riders here.