AT A GLANCE
When? Saturday 25th
August, 21:00 (UK)
Where? Kensington Oval, Bridgetown
Weather? 28-30c with glorious sunshine all day
What channel is it on? Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream the match? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Are tickets still available? https://wi.bookmyshow.com/sports/caribbean-premier-league
All-time meetings: Barbados Tridents W2, St Kitts & Nevis Patriots W4
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Robin Singh
Captain: Jason Holder
- The Tridents have won two of their opening three matches but have played significantly less matches than the rest of the teams in CPL 2018 so they will be keen to string some results together and push up the standings.
- They have good depth and quality to their batting but they still have more to come as Martin Guptill has not fired just yet so they will expect more from the big-hitting New Zealand international to support Smith, Hope and Amla who are looking good.
- Their weak link in the bowling department has actually been captain Jason Holder in recent matches with the part-time spin bowling of Steve Smith helping provide another bowling option for them.
ST KITTS & NEVIS PATRIOTS
Coach: Donovan Miller
Captain: Chris Gayle
- The Patriots are coming off an outstanding performance in midweek against St Lucia Stars in which they skittled their opponents for the third lowest ever total of 69 and ended the match in just over a total of 20 overs between the two teams.
- Changes are highly unlikely based on that performance although their batsmen were hardly examined in that match and they will need to find more support to captain Chris Gayle as the Tridents will offer a much sterner test with their batting line-up.
- Talented young spinner Sandeep Lamichhane continues to impress and he will be a vital component in their success here while Sheldon Cottrell also showed against the Stars that he is finding top form.
This is a close match looking at the teams on paper. The Tridents continue to be a difficult team to read given the fact they have only played three matches and those have been spread out. They have plenty of quality in their ranks but the lack of matches may lead to inconsistent performances as they struggle to get momentum. The Patriots bowling attack is really stepping up and while they will not find this as easy as their last match, they have the ability to win any game single-handedly. All round, the Tridents have the edge throughout the team, but hard to discount the Patriots with the couple of matchwinners they have in Gayle and Lamichhane.