AT A GLANCE
When is Wales vs South Africa taking place? Saturday 24th November, 17:20
Where is Wales vs South Africa taking place? Principality Stadium
What is the playing surface? Hybrid Grass
What is the expected weather at Wales vs South Africa? Cloudy, 7°
What channel is Wales vs South Africa on? BBC Two / S4C
Where can I stream Wales vs South Africa? BBC iPlayer
Where can I get tickets for Wales vs South Africa? https://www.autumn-internationals.co.uk/tickets.html
South Africa 20-22 Wales
Head Coach: Warren Gatland
- Wales’ Autumn International’s couldn’t have gone much better as they are unbeaten after wins against Scotland, Australia and, most recently, Tonga.
- A win against South Africa on Saturday would give Wales their first ever four-test Autumn clean sweep, and they are also chasing a ninth successive victory against all opponents for the first time since 1999.
- They’ll have to do it without Leigh Halfpenny though after he failed to recover from a concussion he sustained against Australia two weeks ago. Hallam Amos has come in to replace Halfpenny, while George North has recovered from a bruised leg and is available.
Head Coach: Rassie Erasmus
- All-in-all, South Africa have had a successful set of Autumn Internationals. Although they started with a loss to England, that result came in very unfortunate circumstances and on another day, the Springboks could have come away with a win.
- Since then, South Africa have squeaked past France and Scotland and will be hoping to end 2018 on a high.
- With World Cup spots up for grabs, head coach Rassie Erasmus has insisted that young players are playing for their places. Embrose Papier had a significant impact against Scotland at the weekend and Ruhan Nel, Sergeal Petersen and Gio Aplon will hope to get a chance against Wales. Additionally, they have their most experienced lock, Eben Etzebeth, back in full training for the first time since he was injured against England.
It might seem hard to believe, but Wales have won their last three meetings with South Africa. However, the Springboks have enjoyed the lion’s share of the success in the games between these two sides, winning 28 out of their 34 encounters. Warren Gatland’s men will be hoping to extend their winning streak to ten games by beating South Africa, and could edge past an inexperienced Springboks side.