AT A GLANCE
When is Ireland vs USA taking place? Saturday 24th November, 18:30
Where is Ireland vs USA taking place? Aviva Stadium
What is the playing surface? Hybrid Grass
What is the expected weather at Ireland vs USA? Cloudy, 6°
What channel is Ireland vs USA on? Channel 4
Where can I stream Ireland vs USA? 4oD
Where can I get tickets for Ireland vs USA? https://www.autumn-internationals.co.uk/tickets.html
USA 19-55 Ireland
Head Coach: Joe Schmidt
- Ireland are coming off the back off one of the best moments in Irish sporting history as they defeated New Zealand 16-9. It was the first time they have defeated the All Blacks on Irish soil - two years after beating them in Chicago.
- Joe Schmidt’s side are unbeaten during the Autumn Internationals having beaten Italy, Argentina and the All Blacks.
- Schmidt has released many of his key players to their clubs after the New Zealand game and will most likely give opportunities to players struggling for game time. Ulster's John Cooney could start at scrum-half with Ross Byrne making his debut next to him at fly-half.
Head Coach: Gary Gold
- A country just forging their own history in rugby, the USA have had some good results recently. Having beaten Scotland in June, the Eagles are coming off victories against Samoa and Romania.
- Their win against Romania last weekend was their ninth straight Test match victory and meant they moved up the world rankings to number 13.
- Ahead of the clash with Ireland, the USA physios will assess the fitness of flanker Tony Lamborn after he limped off against Romania with an apparent upper-body injury.
Despite the USA’s desire to finishe the Autumn Internationals unbeaten, it may be a step too far to win against Ireland. Joe Schmidt’s side have lost just once during 2018 and have been placed alongside New Zealand as favourites for the World Cup in 2019. Although the USA have clearly improved over recent years, a much-changed Ireland side should still have enough class to overpower them.