AT A GLANCE
When? Friday 12th
October, 13:00 (UK)
Where? Sharjah Cricket Stadium
Weather? 36c and sunshine expected all day
What channel is it on? Kandahar Knights vs Paktia Panthers will be televised live on FreeSports in the UK
Where can I stream the match? Kandahar Knights vs Paktia Panthers will not be streamed live in the UK
Are tickets still available? https://www.q-tickets.com/apl/eventlist
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Kabir Ali
Captain: Asghar Afghan
- The Kandahar Knights remain the only winless team having lost all three matches and the two-run defeat on Thursday to Kabul Zwanan was particularly disappointing as they threw away what looked like a comfortable win.
- Their top order failed once again with Stirling and McCullum both struggling yet again but there was some positives to take with Riki Wessels hitting an excellent 46 from 23 balls and he will surely move up the order here.
- Skipper Asghar Afghan damaged his foot as he played a shot on to his foot which affected him but he should be fit enough to play here to lead his side that desperately need to pick up a win against the Panthers to keep their hopes alive.
Coach: Dawlat Ahmadzai
Captain: Mohammad Shahzad
- The Panthers have won two and lost one in their three matches so far but their batting line-up is really firing having been the only team to have hit over 200 twice in the tournament so far.
- Cameron Delport and captain Mohammad Shahzad are two of the main reasons for them doing so well with the bat and they have helped them hit 218/4, 184/8 and 204/4 so they will look for that form to continue with the bat.
- Their bowling department has taken a fair degree of punishment so far in the three shootouts they have been involved with and they will be desperately hoping to have Chris Jordan at their disposal as soon as possible to bolster their options.
These two teams come into this match with contrasting form and it is difficult to make a case for Kandahar Knights winning this game. They managed to lose from a good position on Thursday against Kabul Zwanan but they will be heartened by the fact that they did actually compete well in that game. This match may just see them unleash the big hitting earlier than they have in the last two matches which has cost them as they will have to go for it to keep up with this Paktia Panthers batting line-up. Their bowling attack performed better last time out so that is a plus, but until McCullum and Stirling start contributing, it is difficult to see them winning.