AT A GLANCE
When? Tuesday 9th
October, 17:00 (UK)
Where? Sharjah Cricket Stadium
Weather? 38c forecast and sunshine all day
What channel is it on? Kabul Zwanan vs Nangarhar Leopards will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? Kabul Zwanan vs Nangarhar Leopards cannot be streamed live in the UK
Are tickets still available? https://www.q-tickets.com/apl/eventlist
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Heath Streak
Captain: Rashid Khan
- Kabul Zwanan have won one match and lost one but they will be hoping to lift themselves and raise their performance levels from the defeat against the Balkh Legends on Saturday when they failed to defend 176/6
- Laurie Evans hit another impressive half century in that game for the second successive match and he was supported by skipper Rashid Khan who smashed 56 from 27 balls but Evans’ knocks especially have masked a vulnerable top order which is not doing enough.
- Ronchi and Ingram are two batsmen that will be desperate to step up here while the same could be said of their bowling attack as their reliance on Rashid Khan is way too high so the likes of Wayne Parnell simply have to do more.
Coach: Venkatesh Prasad
Captain: Ben Cutting
- The Nangarhar Leopards have shared a similar start to their opponents here as they won their opening match but lost their second so they will be hoping to bounce back from the loss to Paktia Panthers in which they fell 21 runs short in their run chase.
- Their top order failed to fire and that exposed them badly in the run chase and while Hashmatullah Shahidi and Ben Cutting gave them half a chance, they were always playing catch up so the top four batsmen really have to do more here.
- Skipper Andre Russell is expected to be available for this match as he was always going to miss the opening two games, so that will give them another excellent option with both bat and ball which is much-needed.
Both of these teams come into this match having won one and lost one as they try to find their feet in the tournament and settle down. Kabul Zwanan have flashed some brilliance at times in their opening two games with Laurie Evans and Rashid Khan particularly outstanding but they need more contributors in both batting and bowling departments. The Leopards have produced mixed displays so far too but they will be banking on the arrival of Dre Russell and Andre Fletcher to fire them in this tournament. Both teams have plenty of improvement to make as they find their feet, but the edge goes to the Leopards if Russell and Fletcher are available due to their greater strength in depth all round.