AT A GLANCE
When? Wednesday 10th
October, 17:00 (UK)
Where? Sharjah Cricket Stadium
Weather? 38c and sunshine expected all day
What channel is it on? Balkh Legends vs Paktia Panthers will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? Balkh Legends vs Paktia Panthers cannot be streamed live in the UK
Are tickets still available? https://www.q-tickets.com/apl/eventlist
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Simon Helmot
Captain: Mohammad Nabi
- The Balkh Legends are the only team in the Afghanistan Premier League to have won all their matches so far and their star-studded team has made a fast and impressive start to the tournament.
- Their strength and depth in the batting line-up showed once again last time out against Kandahar Knights as even though several batsmen failed to produce, it was Munro and Bopara’s turns to hit good scores which is ominous especially with Chris Gayle arriving in the country.
- Their bowling unit was particularly impressive once again however as Gulbadin Naib produced outstanding figures of 4/12 from his four overs to be named Player of the Match as he and Nabi caused problems for the Knights’ strong batting line-up and they will look to reproduce that form here.
Coach: Dawlat Ahmadzai
Captain: Mohammad Shahzad
- After the opening two rounds of matches, the Panthers have won one match and lost one, but their batting has been extremely impressive having hit 218/4 and 184/8 - more than any other team after two matches.
- Skipper Mohammad Shahzad has been a key figure for them in the opening two matches having hit half centuries in both matches as an opener and those fast starts have been fundamental to the team hitting big totals.
- Their bowling department has plenty of room for improvement still and they will hope the impending arrival of Chris Jordan can remedy that to a degree, while they are also expected Luke Wright to arrive and that will add another dynamic option with the bat too.
Both of these two teams should have some of their big name overseas stars available for this match as Chris Gayle, Chris Jordan and Luke Wright should all be available. That will add a different dimension for both sides and the Panthers especially will benefit from Jordan if he does play as their bowling unit looks weak. They come up against the Legends who have plenty of firepower with the bat, but one of the better bowling attacks too so their greater quality and balance within the team could see them rack up their third successive victory here.