AT A GLANCE
When? Sunday 7th
October, 17:00 (UK)
Where? Sharjah Cricket Stadium
Weather? 35c with sunshine forecast all day
What channel is it on? Balkh Legends vs Kandahar Knights will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? Balkh Legends vs Kandahar Knights cannot be streamed live in the UK
Are tickets still available? https://www.q-tickets.com/apl/eventlist
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Simon Helmot
Captain: Mohammad Nabi
- Mohammad Nabi’s men got off to a flying start in their opening match on Saturday as they comfortably chased down Kabul Zwanan’s total of 176/6 for the loss of only two wickets and with seven balls to spare.
- The batting line-up produced the goods with Ryan Ten Doeschate hitting 78 from 46 balls and Usman Ghani and Ravi Bopara ably assisting him but the ominous factor for opponents is that Chris Gayle is still to come into the side and Colin Munro was out for just seven.
- They will however be aiming for some improvement from their bowling unit with overseas stars Bopara and Laughlin going for 87 from their seven overs and failing to take a wicket so they will have to raise their game.
Coach: Kabir Ali
Captain: Asghar Afghan
- The Kandahar Knights got off to a disappointing start as they struggled badly with the bat in their opening match as they could only muster 139/9 against the Nangarhar Leopards and that total was comfortably surpassed.
- Their big name batsmen such as McCullum, Stirling and O’Brien will all need to raise their game especially as they all made starts but they really need to convert those into big scores for the Knights.
- Tymal Mills was unable to make much of an impact in that opening game proving to be their most expensive bowler so they need more from him an the rest of the bowlers although it the batsmen will have to give them better support if batting first especially.
The Balkh Legends looked superb in their opening match and they still have plenty of scope for improvement with Chris Gayle still to come into the side. They have a reasonably good bowling attack also which makes them a dangerous side. The Knights will be keen to bounce back from the disappointing opening performance and they really do rely on their batsmen to fire big time. Their bowling attack does not look good enough to stop a potent team like the Legends who should make this two wins from two.